Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Business Intelligence Dashboard Change Management--Can't see new dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Business Intelligence Dashboard Change Management--Can't see new dashboard
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Okay, so, this is on version 7.7.03M.

I'm using the "Business Intelligence Dashboard Change Management" to move dashboards from one server to another. Everything appears to go right. I export from the first, move the file, import onto the second. When I go into the Dashboard View Builder I can see the ported dashboard and all its tabs, colors, links, etc., are all as I would expect them to be.

Here's the issue -- it doesn't appear for end-users. I'm logging on as an admin and I can't see the dashboard on the list to choose from.

I did a test run on Tuesday with just one dashboard, and it worked. So I thought I was set. It appears. I can blow it away and reload it from the file I made on Tuesday and it appears again. But I can't make any of the other dashboards do the same thing. They all port, but don't appear. I've tried doing them one at a time to duplicate my effort on Tuesday but no luck.

Anybody see anything like this before?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A follow-up clue -- I don't end up with Groups when I undertake this process. I get the domains when I move the MRE stuff, and I get the Dashboard when I move the Dashboard stuff. Do I have to recreate the groups by hand? I don't recall doing that, but it's the one piece that appears to be missing for everything except my one successful group.

Master
posted Hide Post
The first thought I had was security. So I would try creating the groups by hand, or if you can import them, then do that. I used to just copy the files over without using change management back in 7.6.7. I never did it in 7.7 and 8.x doesn't have any issues with portals....

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just created the groups by hand and magic -- the dashboards appear. But there's one that's sticky, won't work even when I use that trick. I'm wondering if there's a slight difference in the setup of the id that connects them.

I'll try copying the file on that one to see if it gets me over the hump.

That will get me through the big install, what's left is a little one, only six dashboards.

Thanks for the support!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well now I'm hosed. Now that dashboard doesn't appear in production anymore, so in my exhaustion trying to get this to work I damaged the production copy. The dashboard is there for editing, the Group exists, the domain exists that underlies the group. But the dashboard won't appear for anyone, even me, and I'm coming on with an Admin-level ID.

Does anyone know how to make a dashboard reappear? Is there some setting that needs to be turned on to publish it? This is on 7.7.03M, so I'm stuck talking the old language to people.

By the way, when attempting to login directly to the dashboard by name I get a 19107 error, "You do not have access to this group view."

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
In 7705M we had to delete the dashboard in the target environment before we imported the zip file and never had any problems with the groups getting moved.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I meant to add that IBI acknowledged it was a bug in 7705.

8.8.09 - z/Linux (WF, Report Caster, Report Library).
Iway FFS on MVS (HFS)

Posts: 36 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: December 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yep, I've been having to do that, but this one still doesn't want to play nice.

So I resolved the issue the old-fashioned way -- I rebuilt it from scratch. I created a second group identical to the first, performed a copy dashboard function on the first since it's sitting there looking stupid anyway, and then just refilled all of the tabs on it. I had the old one open in Chrome and the new one open in IE and I just swapped between the two and rebuilt everything. This will wreak havoc with our auditing repoort, but I'll deal with that later today now that I have my users up for business again.

Thanks for all the support folks! Sometimes it's just nice to have someone on the far end of the radio.