Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Maintain - calling MDE from Dev Studio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Maintain - calling MDE from Dev Studio
 Login/Join

posted
Dev Studio 5.3.3 was installed with a license key allowing Maintain, and up until last Tuesday I could get into the Maintain Dev Environment (MDE) by dbl clicking on a .mnt file. I never did see the MDE icon in Dev Studio, but as I said I could still get into the MDE by dbl clicking.

I have two questions: 1) why didn't the MDE icon ever show up in Dev Studio? and 2) what could have happened to suddenly stop the MDE from coming up? I have located the CDE.exe which allows me to get into MDE, but I would really like to get in from Dev Studio, as I used to.

The Maintain environment is Dev Studio 5.3.3 running on a Win 2003 desktop.

Regards,
Penny J Lester

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit

Master
posted Hide Post
Morning Penny
I can't think of any reason why double-clicking on the MNT file wouldn't launch the MDE. Is it possible that the MNT filetype is no longer associated with the MDE?

As for the icon not showing up, this is just an install issue. Please open a case with Customer Support and have them check the license code that you are using.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark - we were told by our SE that our serial numbers were appropriate for Maintain. Also our contract indicates these serial numbers are valid for Maintain.

When the user is given admin rights to install the software the icon shows up in Dev Studio. If an IT admin installs the software the icon does not show up. Why is that?

Apparently the client upgraded to Office 2003 recently - so we will look to ensure .mnt file type is associated with CDE.exe (please confirm this is correct).

Thanks Mark...

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi, Penny.

You must install Dev. Studio under the id that is going to use it. If you do it under the admin id, you have all kinds of problems as you are discovering.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I have been so slow to respond. Ginny you confirmed my thinking. Thank you all for your assistance on this puzzling situation. I found out they upgraded MS Office and apparently the .mnt suffix was not set up to automatically open Maintain.

Penny - and I work in any/all WebFOCUS environments - whatever the client has running!

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Window 2003 /32bit