Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Setting Default JOIN Type to Single in Report Assistant

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Setting Default JOIN Type to Single in Report Assistant
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Report Assistant defines its default JOIN type as multiple. For end users this does not mean much, so they don't change the default, but if you make more than one multi join, then you create a multi path structure, and then wf starts applying its own structure logic to the SQL generated for the rdbms.

I code all joins in rdbms based stuff as unique (rdbms has no concept of multiple or unique in its joins) so that wf does not interfere and make its own decisions.

So I would like the default for joins to be SINGLE so that end users can get the results they expect for rdbms'es. (This should be product defautl as well for the above reasons.)

I am wondering if anyone has mod'ed the RA to do this. Certainly there is stuff on the advanced search on how to set the default display to be tree and the default verb to print etc. So has anyone waded through the javascript to sort this one?

Here is a screen dump of the default screen for joins in report assistant.

(The image hosting provided by imageshack. Can we have image upload capability to the forum some time please?)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammo1j,

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would like to let you know, I read all your messages about the upgrade stuff with great interest.

This special case should be a default setting at installation either multiply or unique.

And I fully support your last request.
(The image site you use here gives me a lot of unwanted information.)

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
John,

In the JavaScript module joindlgj.js there is an attribute of bMultiple which is set to "true". You would have thought that you could change this to "false" and get the desired effect, but no, unfortunately not.

There are actually two instances within this JS module where the value is set to "True" (second one around line 876). In addition there is a function called cleanOutJoinPanel where the selectedIndex for the JOIN Type is set to 0, which gives the default setting of Multiple and not Single. Changing this to document.getElementById("lstMultiple").selectedIndex = 1; will default the join selection to Single for you on creating a New Join.

Normal word of warning, back up the original and because this is not an IB recommended mod, you do this at your own risk Smiler

Good luck

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post