Focal Point
[CLOSE] Create 2 X-Axis In A Graph

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4537061286

May 03, 2016, 02:35 PM
RMM
[CLOSE] Create 2 X-Axis In A Graph
I'm sure this is easy, but I have been battling with this for 2 days. I am trying to create a bar graph that displays total units by weeks and years. I have 4 columns from one table that I can use.

- Units (This will be SUM)
- Year
- Week
- Date

I want to provide total units as the y-axis and dates as the x-axis with year and week as parameters. So, for example, I choose YEAR: 2016, WEEK: 4 & YEAR: 2015, WEEK: 4. The bar graph would result in 2 bars next to each other with a sum of units. One bar for 2016 and one for 2015, both showing for week 4.

I could not find any literature on how to do this in the technical manuals. The "Help" in the toolbar for Developer Studio doesn't assist me too much either. Is their any other sources of information in learning WebFOCUS? I am really struggling with it and want to become better, but sources of information on WebFOCUS are not prevalent as SQL Server, etc...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
May 06, 2016, 04:08 PM
Tamra
Hi RMM

The documentation for WebFOCUS can be found at the following site:
WebFOCUS Technical Library

On the right panel you can choose your version, then on the left side click on the "+" to expand the linsk.

Please update your signature to reflect the version of WebFOCUS.

Sometimes it is best to start with getting the data you want within a report. You can work out all the processing since you made need defines or computes to get the data the way you want it for the Graph. You may even need to create a HOLD file in order to get the data the way you want it for the Graph.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator - Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5