Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Multiple Tabs in IA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Multiple Tabs in IA
 Login/Join

posted
We have a report in Business Objects that produces multiple tabs with different formatting. We have recently moved to WebFocus and InfoAssist, and are attempting to recreate the report in InfoAssist... and are having trouble doing so. Is this possible? If not, we can certainly create it in App_Studio or other ways, but the power users really want to have this capability. Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.0, Windows
Excel, HTML, PDF

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Select the format xlsx and select Table of Contents form the Format tab of infoassist.

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs

posted Hide Post
That only allows for the same format on each tab. My users have things like detail on one tab, a summary on the second tab, a cross-tab on the third, etc.

WebFOCUS 8.0, Windows
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Sue,

Welcome to Focal Point!

I like to think that you create any lind of report within WebFOCUS. For newbies its just a matter of getting to know your way around App Studio or InfoAssist.

It is not clear in your signature what version of WebFOCUS you are using - can you be more specific since WebFOCUS 8 now covers 8.0.00 to 8.1.05 and there are a few more options in the higher releases.

Have you taken any classes? On the Technical Support Center you will find the Technical Content library. You will find all the manuals for your version of WebFOCUS.

If the report output is EXCEL then you can search either on Focal Point or within the technical library for Excel reporting.

Here is a link for documentation on InfoAssist
AppStudio

There are links to PDF documents as well.

I hope this helps get you started. Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tamra. We're on 8.0 release 9. That's all I know.

I have taken training, and am a trainer on webfocus in my company. But this is something I could not find in the training manuals or on the website.

We are not granting access to AppStudio to our users, so that is not an option.

Thanks.. I have picked my way around those links, but may have missed something. I'll give it another shot.

WebFOCUS 8.0, Windows
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
Sue,

Thank you for the update.

In the InfoAssist manual there is some information related to Excel combining multiple reports as different sheets in a workbook.

Chapter 8 within the PDF document found at the end of the list when you expand "+" for InfoAssist in the Technical Library.

Once you have found a solution or you are satisfied with the responses we ask that you mark the subject line with tag your topic with keywords .

All the best for the Holiday Season.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

posted Hide Post
Thank you. It took some doing, because the information you referred me to review is not as substantial as I would expect. I am having issues with the multitabs appearing as the option to put it in Excel is not working, but we are in contact with our account Support Manager and hopefully she can assist.

WebFOCUS 8.0, Windows
Excel, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
Sue,

Hopefully, your local IBI support rep will be able to help with some one on one assistance.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator

posted Hide Post
I wish she had...

WebFOCUS 8.0, Windows
Excel, HTML, PDF