Focal Point
[CLOSED] Return to Location After Report Refresh

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4547061196

March 07, 2019, 03:28 PM
gerndude
[CLOSED] Return to Location After Report Refresh
I need a way to return to the same location on a report when the report refreshes. I have a report that is a list of to-be-worked items. I provided a hyperlink on the item number, that when clicked, turns the cell gray. It does this by updating the "worked" field from a 0 to a 1 in the base table. For this to show up as gray, the report has to be refreshed. This works great but creates a "lost position" issue. Every time they mark an account as worked, the report refreshes, and their place is lost. So, I am wondering if there is a way to refresh the report and then go to the last refreshed record.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gerndude,

WebFOCUS 8203 Gen 43
App Studio 8203 Gen 04232018
Hyperstage 8203M Gen 1320
MS Sequel Server 2014
Windows 10
Excel/AHTML/PDF/HTML
Chrome, IE11
March 08, 2019, 07:32 AM
MartinY
AFAIK, there is no way to position a report to a specific line.
As you did, refreshing the report and have it gray out based on a field value it's the only way I know.

Remember that you are using a report, this is not a maintenance application tool. What you did is to show a "previous" (before click hyperlink)and "actual" (after click hyperlink) state of your data.
You may better look at "MODIFY" or "MAINTAIN" IB tools.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007