Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     534/711 Concurrent developer installs?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
534/711 Concurrent developer installs?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone successfully installed 534 developer studio and 711 developer studio on the same desk top and been able to switch back and forth? I have the thisfoci.bats for each but only the 711(last installed) seemsto want towork for me.

Mark Huss
Union Pacific Railroad

Posts: 18 | Location: Omaha | Registered: September 15, 2004Report This Post
<sandy_16>
posted
Hi,
I have Installed wht I do is run the respective Thisfoci.bat before using them.
Example:
I want to use the 534 I first run the thisfoci.bat of 534 and then start using the 534.

This should work for you..

Regards
Sandeep

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Mark, The obvious question, are you running them from the correct location?

They either must be run from their own \bin sub directories or you will need to
mod the .bat files to include the full path to the .dll files

What I do is copy thisfoci.bat to the desktop as dev_studio_534.bat or dev_studio_713.bat
and mod them as follows (example for 534).

I add

cd "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin"
"C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\focshell.exe"

to the end and this switches the registry files and launches dev studio directly

cls
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\gfa.dll"          >1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\gfaview.dll"      >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\gfwview.dll"      >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\exnode.dll"       >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\progdlg.dll"      >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\mrews.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\befocus.dll"      >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\dragdrill.dll"    >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\wfscom.dll"		 >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\ax_ug.ocx"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\stylepreview.ocx2 >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\ibirootview.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\fpar.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\deployview.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\cdedeploy.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\comctamigrator.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\multidirview.dll"        >>1
regsvr32 /s /c  "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\gcconnct.dll"     >>1
Title The following has happened to your system when you were not looking!
type 1
del 1
cd "C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin"
"C:\ibi\DevStudio53\bin\focshell.exe"

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

Has this issue been resolved on your site? Did the suggestions from Sandeep and JG help you?

I ran some quick search on Information Builders' tech memos and came across the following topics which may be of interest:

Considerations for Reinstalling or Upgrading a Version of WebFOCUS Developer Studio
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_tmo_039.html

Can multiple versions of WebFOCUS Developer Studio reside on the same workstation?
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_tcn_060.html

So per the tech memo, only one release of WebFOCUS Developer Studio can be active at any given time.

If you still have questions on this topic, since this relates to configurations, I would strongly suggest you to contact Information Builders' Customer Support Services for further help. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130 or access the online system InfoResponse.

Hope this helps. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post