Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Report Caster and Compound Excel Report - Bursting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Report Caster and Compound Excel Report - Bursting
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi everyone,

Referring to this post: http://forums.informationbuild...057097476#2057097476

So I got my compound excel report to email out (through report caster) with the "Override format option" and selected .xls as the output format; but does anyone know if the "Burst" option works with Report caster and compound excel report?

I am not able to burst the report - all the recipients from my email distribution list received blank reports when I tried to burst a compound excel report through Report caster.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes it's possible.
You may have something not properly setup/assigned somewhere.

More recent post on the same subject [SOLVED]Trouble Attaching Excel report to email through report caster

Please share your fex code

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have 2 BY statements in my fex: one is for the Burst value & other for sorting the result set by highest value for a particular field.
I have the BY BURST-VALUE NOPRINT statement after the BY HIGHEST ABC_COLUMN statement - is that why my report won't burst correctly?

Do I need to reverse the order for the BY statements? BY BURST-VALUE should be the 1st sort statement?

Thanks!

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The above is in the Detail part of my compound excel report.. There is another tab which is the summary of the result set and I don't have a BY BURST-VALUE statement there...

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT
   SALES_REP_CODE                    
   SALES_REP_FULL_NAME               
   HIMMS_MID                        
   DBA_NAME                            
   TOP_ASSOCIATION_CODE/I11            
   OPEN_DATE                          
   FIRST_BATCH_DATE                     
   MPS_STATUS                           
   DBA_CONTACT_FULL_NAME              
   DBA_CONTACT_PHONE                  
   DCC_HIT_RATE_PERC/D20%       
   PREV_DCC_HIT_RATE_PERC/D20%	
   HIT_RATE_CHANGE_PERC/D20%	
   DCC_POT_AMT/D20.2            
   DCC_TERM_POT_AMT/D20.2       
   DCC_SALES_AMT/D20.2          
   POTENTIAL_DCC_REBATE/D20.2   
   ESTIMATED_DCC_REBATE/D20.2   
   LOST_DCC_REBATE/D20.2               
   HIMMS_DCC_REBATE/D20.2%             
   DIAO/D20.2                          
   POTENTIAL_DCC_REVENUE/D20.2         
   ESTIMATED_DCC_REVENUE/D20.2         
   LOST_DCC_REVENUE/D20.2              
BY HIGHEST POTENTIAL_DCC_REVENUE NOPRINT
BY BURST_VALUE NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE * INCLUDE = scheduled_reports, TITLETEXT='Details',$
ENDSTYLE
END

TABLE FILE SQLOUT

SUM
   TOP_ASSOCIATION_DBA	
   FUNDING_CURRENCY     
   COMPUTE DCC_HIT_PERC/D20% = (DCC_SALES_AMT/DCC_POT_AMT)*100; AS 'DCC Hit Rate %'
   COMPUTE PREV_DCC_HIT_PERC/D20%	= (PREV_DCC_SALES_AMT/PREV_DCC_POT_AMT)*100; AS 'Previous Month''s Hit Rate %'
   COMPUTE SUMM_HIT_RATE_CHANGE/D20% = DCC_HIT_PERC - PREV_DCC_HIT_PERC; AS 'Hit Rate Change from Previous Month'
   DCC_POT_AMT/D20.2                  
   DCC_SALES_AMT/D20.2                
   POTENTIAL_DCC_REBATE/D20.2         
   ESTIMATED_DCC_REBATE/D20.2         
   LOST_DCC_REBATE/D20.2              
   DIAO/D20.2                         
   POTENTIAL_DCC_REVENUE/D20.2          
   ESTIMATED_DCC_REVENUE/D20.2          
   LOST_DCC_REVENUE/D20.2               
BY TOTAL HIGHEST POTENTIAL_DCC_REVENUE NOPRINT
BY TOP_ASSOCIATION_CODE/I11 AS 'Top Association Code'
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K CLOSE
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE * INCLUDE = scheduled_reports, TITLETEXT='Customer Summary',$
ENDSTYLE
END

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Bursting value must be the first one

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Do I need another BY BURST-VALUE statement in the Summary tab of the excel report too? or is the way I have it in my fex code, correct?

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It should be in both.
Try it !

In Focus since 2007

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Now I can't run the fex through Dev studio.. the fex runs and prompts me to open/save the excel report, but when I try to open it, it gives some error and does not open up Frowner

WF 7.7.03, Win 7

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
prompts me to open/save the excel report

This is a "normal" MS security behavior. You have to click Save then Open.
Further than that I can't try to help since you did not provide any information on received error...

In Focus since 2007