Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Parameter in WebFocus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Parameter in WebFocus
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to use TITLE as the Parameter to get the dropdown box at the top of the Report.
WHERE TITLE EQ '&TITLE.(,).TITLE.';

But I am getting an error &TITLE not Found.

Please help me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHERE TITLE EQ '&TITLE.(,).TITLE.';
Please check out the use of -DEFAULT (for &TITLE) before you go any further... Post your code, sample code using an IB file (like CAR), as well

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE COMPPLAN
SUM
TITLE
MAX.PLAN_TYPEC AS 'PLAN_TYPE'
MAX.PLAN_COMPONENT AS 'PLAN_COMPONENT'
MAX.PLAN_KEYC AS 'PLAN_KEY'
MAX.BASE_OBJ AS 'BASE_OBJ'
MAX.EFF_YM
MAX.VARP01
MAX.VARP02
MAX.VARP03
MAX.VARP11
MAX.VARP12
MAX.VARP13
MAX.VARP14
BY TITLE NOPRINT
BY PLAN_TYPEC NOPRINT
BY PLAN_COMPONENT NOPRINT
BY PLAN_KEYC NOPRINT
IF PLAN_TYPEC EQ 'TN$$' OR 'T5$$' OR 'CN$$' OR 'PB$$' OR 'PR$$' OR 'TQ$$'
IF PLAN_COMPONENT CONTAINS 'NSR' OR 'PROD' OR 'PRD' OR 'RETN'
WHERE TITLE EQ '&TITLE.(FIND TITLE IN COMPPLAN).TITLE.';
END

This is the command I am trying to execute.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
This example leaves too much work and guesswork for us to do (imho), like what's in the COMPPLAN file and what's the format of that / those fileds in the COMPPLAN file, so that we can help you arrive at a solution.

Please provide an example using a common IB file, such as the CAR File.

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
PS: Wrap your code in the [ code ] and [ /code ] (without the associated spaces within the brackets).

posted Hide Post
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
TITLE
STATE
WHERE TITLE EQ '&TITLE.(FIND TITLE IN CAR).TITLE.';
END

I am trying to use TITLE as Dynamic Parameter in Webfocus.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
There are two ways to accomplish this kind of automatic prompting.
The first is to create your own htm file to ask for the params and have the dropdown lists populate automatically. The other way is to activate autoprompt. From the description of your entry I conclude that you do not have autoprompt enabled.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
-SET &ECHO='ALL';
-*SET &T='';
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
COUNTRY
WHERE CAR EQ '&T.(FIND CAR IN CAR).CAR.';
END 

This way It works... I enabled autoprompt... It fetchced me the right output with List of CARS.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do I do that in WebFocus?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Where do I set the AutoPrompt??

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
1) Ask you admin which setting is being used for autoprompting (I'm not sure that autopromopting will be an accetapbe production solution ~ imho).

2) Are you using "-DEFAULT" with your variables?