Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Setting Output Filename in ReportCaster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Setting Output Filename in ReportCaster
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I'm using WebFOCUS 4.3.6 and trying to set the output filename of a report emailed via Report Caster. Currently, all the emailed report files have the same name (e.g. hold.xls, hold.pdf,etc.). The report caster tool does not have that option. Is it possible to do that through the report code ?

Posts: 30 | Registered: September 21, 2004Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
Upgrade. This feature is available in 5.2 and 5.3.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
We are few months away from that. Is there an alternative ?

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Don't know if you want this kind of solution, but one thing you could do is manipulate the data in the table BOTTASK. You can use SQL Passthrough or some other method to set the value of "ASVALUE".

Also, I don't know if this is available in your version. But you might want to take a look.

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi jodye,
We use WebFOCUS 4.3.6 and I would like to try your suggestion, but I am new to WebFOCUS and not familiar with this technique. Can you please explain with sample code ?

Thanks !

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm using Web Focus 5.2.5 and I would like to be able to add a timestamp to the filename, is it possible?

Right now I can choose the filename but it's static, it would be nice to have reportA_20050128.pdf

Posts: 87 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: September 03, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Flipper

I asked IBI exactly that question last week. Yes and no. I have a case open about this. It is a new feature request. So there is no easy way to do it.

However... I am accomplishing exactly this by doing it in SQL Server with a Package that runs every midnight and updates "ASVALUE" field in BOTTASK to today's date (FILENAME_YYYYMMDD.XLS). We have many work arounds like that.

bchinnap, you need to look at the caster repository. Look at the table called BOTTASK. Do you have a field called "asvalue"? If not, and you don't have the option for "save report as" in your version then perhaps there is no way to do it.

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post