Focal Point
Page break in HTML pages

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4571048372

February 28, 2008, 05:55 PM
Prasanna
Page break in HTML pages
Hi,

Is there anyway to insert the page break in HTML pages?I Tried using the following ON TABLE SET STYLEMODE PAGED but the problem is I have one of the Column wrapped in my report and STYLEMODE PAGED doesnot work in this case.Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Prasanna
WebFocus Developer Studio 7.61
February 28, 2008, 06:08 PM
susannah
Prasanna,
are you wanting the printed output to acknowledge the page-breaks? if so,
are you willing to write your output as separate tables?
If only on screen, then "Set SQUEEZE to OFF and/or WRAP to OFF to ensure that HTML tables are aligned consistently across pages", .
here's the cite

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
February 28, 2008, 06:43 PM
Darin Lee
My question was along the same lines as Susannah. HTML knows nothing about page-breaks. If it's for visual representation only (i.e. to get column headings at the top of each page, etc.) then you don't need anything special except making sure that PAGE-NUM is not OFF or NOLEAD.

If you're wanting actual page breaks as in you hit the browser print button and want things to print nicely, you're out of luck for HTML. PDF format is the way to go if you are trying to control any printed output. You can approximate how many lines will print on a page and SET LINES, but if one wraps or squeezes and increases the height of a single line, it messes things up.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
February 28, 2008, 07:39 PM
susannah
well, D, i can teach him how to stick a true , printer-respected, page break in html, but its gotta be between tables, so you have to cheat a bit...but cheating is my favorite sport...what are we calling it now? not McGyver, but "Hasselhof", yes that's it, "Hasselhoffing".

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
February 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
mgrackin
susannah,

LOL Big Grin

I like the "Hasselhoffing" term. It is funny but I'd like to hear why Hasselhoff. I assume a reference to David H.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011
February 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
PBrightwell
TRY ON TABLE SET LINES 55 (OR HOWEVER BIG YOU WANT YOUR PAGE)

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
February 29, 2008, 09:02 AM
Spence
try viewing your html output in the webviewer.
SET WEBVIEWER = ON
SET WEBVIEWTARG = _self

WF 8 version 8.2.04. Windows.
In focus since 1990.
February 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
Darin Lee
I was trying to avoid "cheating", but I have been know to bend the rules (severely) Smiler

If all you want is real page-breaks, just use PDF and avoid the long way around.

Webviewer might be something to play with, but how does that handle printing? It doesn't have its own printer functionality so I don't think it could printan entire report with page-breaks, but you may be able to print a page at a time if the report is short enough.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat