Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] suppressing -? &

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] suppressing -? &
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to suppress -? & command?

Thanks in advance...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

webfocus 7x
windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!
Remove it... Roll Eyes

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I want it to trace all & the variables for security reason

webfocus 7x
windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, then don't suppress it, comment it out if you don't want to see them, uncomment if you do??

Comment out:
-*-? &

Uncomment:
-? &

I guess I don't get it??? Frowner

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Maybe you are trying to hide them from users.
This link "may" be what you are trying to do...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

posted Hide Post
Tom,
Due to security issue. i am trying to read all the variables and scan for unwanted codes...

-SET &ECHO=ALL;

SET MSG=OFF
SET MESSAGE=OFF

-SET &BADCD='';

-SET &EDATEMP = TEMPPATH(80, 'A80');
APP MAP EDATEMP &EDATEMP
APP HOLD EDATEMP

-SET &FIL='&EDATEMP.EVAL'||'test.trc';
-RUN
SET TRACEUSER=&FIL.EVAL
-RUN
-? &

FILEDEF TRACE DISK &FIL.EVAL
-RUN

APP PATH BASEAPP
DEFINE FILE TRACE
RESULT/A175 = SUBSTR(200,LINE,41,200,155,'A155');
END
TABLE FILE TRACE
PRINT RESULT
WHERE LINE CONTAINS 'NGtrEvnt'
WHERE (LINE CONTAINS '>' OR LINE CONTAINS '<' OR LINE CONTAINS '%3C' OR LINE CONTAINS '%3c' OR LINE CONTAINS '%3E' OR LINE CONTAINS '%3e' ) ;
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN

The logic works fine, Only issue is i want to suppress all the &variables when try to view the source by right clicking...

Thanks

webfocus 7x
windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, if they are just running Focexec's, out of luck, unless you render the output in HTMLFORM.

If through HTML, search Google, Javascript Disable right clck, plenty of stuff out there, and incorporate into HTML...

If not, the link I gave above relates how to turn it off..

No other ideas come to mind...

Tom

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
search all the fexcodes with a read commando
put the fex name and the line that holds the & value in a table
make a report on the eind result

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

you could do something like this:

SET &T = '-? &';
&T.EVAL
-
You can set &T at runtime if you want traces and set it to empty if you don't.

Regards,
Markus

WF 7.6.6 (MRE,BID, DevStudio, partly RC) on Windows 2003 /Apache/Tomcat
Output: HTML,Excel,PDF,PPT
Adapters: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle

Posts: 38 | Location: Austria, Linz | Registered: June 19, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Markus,That didnt help me.

Could you do it with some examples?

webfocus 7x
windows

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I guess you have some kind of initialisation. There you can define a rule, when to activate the trace-Statement.
For example you want the trace to be active if you are user1:

-SET &TRACE = IF &IBIMR_user EQ 'user1' THEN '-? &' ELSE '';

In your report you simply write where you want to see the traces:

&TRACE.EVAL

This way, if you are user1 you will see the traces, otherwise you do not see them.
Regards,
Markus

WF 7.6.6 (MRE,BID, DevStudio, partly RC) on Windows 2003 /Apache/Tomcat
Output: HTML,Excel,PDF,PPT
Adapters: SQL Server, DB2, Oracle

Posts: 38 | Location: Austria, Linz | Registered: June 19, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If I understand you correctly, you want the output of the -? & command to be put in the trace file, which you then can table to find all offending values. So far OK. But when that process is done you will have to send something back to the browser, but that will contain the result of the -? & command also, visible when doing a view source. And that is something you do not want. Did I undertstand this correctly?
You could search for something to prevent doing a right mouse click but that is not 100 % sufficient, I guess.
If you do not care what is being presented, as long as it is not the result, you could do something like this after finding ans saving the offending variables:
TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
ON TABLE SET PREVIEW ON
SUM COMPUTE TOTALOFF/A50 = 'Number of offending variables found = &LINES'; AS ''
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
There is no way to prevent the output of the values aother than outputting something that clears the html comments ... like PDF or XML or something like that.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys,
Still i am able to see the displayed values of -? &

So I've opened a ticket, such that to find a way to read all the active variables in a file rather than using '-? &' command. They are still researching on it.

webfocus 7x
windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't get the point of this. First you want to "suppress the -? & command", then you want to "trace all the & variables", sounds like opposites. Then you want to "read all the variables and scan for unwanted codes" with which you probably mean "read all the code to look for unwanted code".

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post