Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Logo in PDF Layout Painter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Logo in PDF Layout Painter
 Login/Join

<Niladri>
posted
Hi,

I am trying to incorporate a logo(image)at the top of my compound Report(compound report has 6 reports in it)using the procedure viewer of PDF Layout Painter.The moment I include the code for the logo(image)I get only the first of those seven reports displayed.

It works fine with the logo(image)piece commented.

Find below the code:

-* File cmp_rpt
-* Default Mode: ResourceLayout
-*-TYPE ®ION &GROUP &DISTRICT
-SET &ECHO=ALL;
-DEFAULT ®ION = 'SELECT ALL'
-DEFAULT &GROUP = 'SELECT ALL'
-DEFAULT &DISTRICT = 'SELECT ALL'
COMPOUND LAYOUT
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, PAGESIZE=Letter, $
pagelayout=1, name='Layout page 1', $
component='report1', type=report, position=(2.188 1.354), dimension=(1.885 1.938), $
component='report5', type=report, position=(2.167 3.667), dimension=(1.854 2.125), $
component='report6', type=report, position=(4.260 3.708), dimension=(1.969 2.125), $
component='report7', type=report, position=(6.375 3.708), dimension=(2.354 2.125), $
component='report2', type=report, position=(4.208 1.354), dimension=(1.938 1.958), $
component='report3', type=report, position=(6.302 1.354), dimension=(2.354 1.969), $
object=string, name='text2', text='COMPLIANCE', position=(4.333 0.375), WRAP=ON, dimension=(2.677 0.177), color=RGB(0 0 0), size=15, $
object=string, name='text3', text='Regn:®ION-->Grp:&GROUP-->Dist:&DISTRICT', position=(8.083 0.500), WRAP=ON, dimension=(2.677 0.177), color=RGB(0 0 0), size=7, $
object=box, name='line1', position=(0.000 0.833), dimension=(10.969 0.177), backcolor=RGB(0 0 0), border-color=RGB(0 0 0), $
-*object=image, name='image1', image=ap_logo.jpg, position=(0.292 0.142), dimension=(0.705 0.312), $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE cases_gt7
SET COMPONENT='report5'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE avg_ipct
SET COMPONENT='report6'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE caseslt20
SET COMPONENT='report7'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE npi_drill
SET COMPONENT='report2'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE zero_ty
SET COMPONENT='report3'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE cases_referred
COMPOUND END

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated!!

prod: WF 7.1.4 platform Windows, databases:msSQL2000

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
We still haven't found where "PAGELAYOUT", "COMPOUND LAYOUT" and, by extension, COMPONENT is documented.

Please see Location of PDF Layout Language.

Maybe this is the first example of code generated by the GUI that we're not supposed to know about...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And what about the logo, is it displayed then as it should?
It's a bit difficult to find out where what the problem is.
I found that all the sub documents need to have the correct format settings (so all Landscape and Letter)
If you position all subdocs a bit lower would that help?
And that object "box" that is in fact a small line I think.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<Niladri>
posted
Hello Frank,

The logo was not getting displayed.
Your thought of having all the sub docs uniform format settings was quite valuable. I did change the orientation to Landscape for all the Reports(it wasn't so).
Yes, the object "box" in fact was a thick line at the top below the Report title. I removed that line, positioned the subdocs lil lower and it worked!!!

Thank you so much for your insight..
Smiler
Niladri

Report This Post