Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Corrputed foc file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Corrputed foc file
 Login/Join

posted
I have what appears to be a corrupted foc file. In the past I have noticed that if the foc file is being updated when the filesystem runs out of space, it can become corrupted. I know that they can be fixed by opening a focus session, because I have seen it done. I know that it is not a problem with the report, because a new file which was just begun for September and a previous one for July are readable, whereas the August one still is not. Is anyone familiar with this procedure for restoring a foc file?

I a running WF 533 on HPUX 11.23. Thanks for any inputs.

Andrew

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Andrew

WF 53, HPUX 11.23

Posts: 3 | Location: TX | Registered: November 21, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way I know to restore a corrupted focus file is to run the rebuild utility in a persistent mode... dump then load.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, yes, that seems to be it. I found: http://documentation.informati...11createrebuild3.htm

What does persistent mode mean?

Andrew

WF 53, HPUX 11.23

Posts: 3 | Location: TX | Registered: November 21, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Gary probably means that you'd best start an interactive session (agent) and do your actions in that session in stead of running the processes through the web interface.
You can start such a session by typing 'edastart -t' at the unix prompt, maybe you need to add the path to the edstart script. Type it while your directory is the one with the file in it - that's the easiest.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Also it's most important the the focus database is not allocated to a syncmachine.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
And,

VERY IMPORTANT! Before you do anything backup your file!!! Make a copy of it somewhere because if the REBUILD does not give you what you were expecting, there are other techniques.

Is your FOCUS file single-segment or multiple-segment?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post