Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Listing values as multiple lines in the heading

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Listing values as multiple lines in the heading
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have the following report:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR 
WHERE COUNTRY NE 'JAPAN'
END

I would like to be able to have the countries that were used in the reported listed each on a separate row in the heading. I know that I could pass through the data two times and generate the list with HTML
tags that would force the issue in HTML but what about for PDF, EXCEL etc.

Any ideas of how best to do this?

Release: WebFOCUS 7.6.8
Output formats: HTML, PDF, Excel, csv

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Rather than passing thru the data source twice, use HOLD. -- Use two verbs and "hold format focus", to isolate one record per key value in the upper segment, and the rest of your data (if you will list more than one record per key) in the lower segment.

Can you take it from there?

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Channy

There are a lot of ways to do this.
This is one....

SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
DEFINE FILE CAR
CLINE/A25 WITH COUNTRY='"'||COUNTRY||'"';
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CLINE
WHERE COUNTRY NE 'JAPAN'
ON TABLE HOLD AS COUNTRIES
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR 
HEADING
-INCLUDE COUNTRIES.FTM
WHERE COUNTRY NE 'JAPAN'
END

I did not test this (I'm not at the office), it is just an idea that came up.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks for both of your ideas. Jack - I didn't get to test yours yet. I did test Frank's - needed minor code changes (posted below). It works well I'm just wondering how I can make use of this in an alignment grid which I'd like to use in the heading.

Modified working code:

SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
DEFINE FILE CAR
CLINE/A25 WITH COUNTRY='"'||COUNTRY||'"'
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CLINE
WHERE COUNTRY NE 'JAPAN'
ON TABLE HOLD AS COUNTRIES
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
     'CAR.COMP.CAR'
HEADING
-INCLUDE COUNTRIES
END

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that this works..... Smiler

Your additional question is a bit more complex. but why do you need a grid if you have each value on one line?

You can create the code lines for the grid more or less in the same way and include them.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I wanted the grid because these countries are really just one cell in the grid - there is alot of other stuff I need to print out and align in the heading.