Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] -READ not working
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[SOLVED] -READ not working
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I'm currently trying to put a value of a field from a table into a variable. I'm using -READ, but it doesn't seem to be working.

TABLE FILE SF2BANNER
BY HIGHEST 1 RUN_NUMBER
ON TABLE HOLD AS HIGHEST_RUN
END
-RUN
-READ HIGHEST_RUN, &HIGHEST_RUN.I4.

When checking the -TYPE of the variable, I'm receiving nothing. I decided to try it with another field from another table. The value that should be populating the variable should be 9904, but instead I get "°&" as the value when checking the type.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ccollier,

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M on Windows 7

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try this instead, you have a format error which READFILE manage automatically
TABLE FILE SF2BANNER
BY HIGHEST 1 RUN_NUMBER
ON TABLE HOLD AS HIGHEST_RUN
END
-RUN
-READFILE HIGHEST_RUN
-RUN
-TYPE &RUN_NUMBER

WF versions : Prod 8.2.0.1M gen 240, Dev 8.2.04 gen 48, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2161 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
After first setting a default to &RUN_NUMBER that seemed to work Martin. Thanks!

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M on Windows 7

Posts: 48 | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
READFILE FTW!!

Good One

Hallway
WF(Prod):8202M
WF(Test):8202M
OS/Platform:Win 10
Outputs:All

Posts: 431 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
BTW, the underlying issue is probably that the file is binary.

Changing the format of the hold to ALPHA will fix the issue.

Also, I prefer -READFILE as well.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.05OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Know The Code

Posts: 6104 | Location: Land of the Darug people, Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post