Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Header search criteria wrapping

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Header search criteria wrapping
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello,
I've got a little problem and need some advice.

I have a PDF report that is run by filling in search criteria on an HTML page. The search criteria is passed through the form and needs to be displayed in the header of the report.

Unfortunately this report has a LOT of search fields on the HTML page, and I need to get them all shown. They only show up if they are filled in (so I must plan for a lot to be filled in here).

I'd try using a wrap in the style sheet, but this needs to be centered.

-SET &SEARCHHEAD = &SORTBYDISP||&DCC_NUM_S||&EMP_NM_S||&EMP_BDG_NUM_S||&LAB_S||&DOC_TITLE_S||&DOC_CNTNR_S||&INC_PARTS_S||&TASK_NUM_S||&DOC_TYPE_S||&DOC_CLSF_S||&DOC_SUBCLSF_S||&DOC_STATUS_S||&DT_LG_RG||&DT_MD_RG||&DT_OR_RG||&DT_DC_RG;
This is my main concatenation variable, where each part corresponds to some text like
-SET &SORTBYDISP = IF &SORT EQ 'OPT_A' THEN 'Sorted by ID Number' ELSE IF &SORT EQ 'B' THEN 'Sorted by Document Number'
And so on.

Here's where it gets tricky. I've used parag & gettok to break up stuff before onto separate lines but I can't get it to work for some reason. I tried this.

DEFINE FILE FINAL
PARAGSB/A1500 = PARAG(1499, &SEARCHHEAD, '|', 45, PARAGSB);
SUBB1/A45 = GETTOK(PARAGSB, 1500, 1, '|', 45, SUBB1);
SUBB2/A45 = GETTOK(PARAGSB, 1500, 2, '|', 45, SUBB2);
SUBB3/A45 = GETTOK(PARAGSB, 1500, 3, '|', 45, SUBB3);
SUBB4/A45 = GETTOK(PARAGSB, 1500, 4, '|', 45, SUBB4);

and placed But I get this:
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 29 LINES= 29
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 326 IN PROCEDURE rept5 FOCEXEC *
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: By
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 327 IN PROCEDURE rept5 FOCEXEC *
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: PARAGSB
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 328 IN PROCEDURE rept5 FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 329 IN PROCEDURE rept5 FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 330 IN PROCEDURE rept5 FOCEXEC *
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 11 IN PROCEDURE
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: BINARY

Any ideas? Please help & thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BDAVIS,

WebFOCUS 7.6.3 | Solaris 10 | Excel, PDF

Posts: 46 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: June 04, 2009Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try using -SET &ECHO=ALL; at the beginning of your report, turn the Dev Studio Message Viewer on (click the little down arrow by the blue RUN button and select message viewer on) and see what is actually being sent as your code. My guess is that it's missing a semi-colon somewhere or misspelled word (if the 'By' on the first error line is the problem and it's supposed to be a sort phrase it must be in uppercase.)

Without seeing all of your code and the values you're using, we can't troubleshoot the real problem, but the code you have included looks OK at first glance. (You might need single quotes around &SEARCHHEAD with a .EVAL suffix.)My guess is that the problem is probably something else that you haven't shown.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darin Lee,

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Darin,
The single quotes around &SEARCHHEAD with an .EVAL suffix did the trick.
Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6.3 | Solaris 10 | Excel, PDF

Posts: 46 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: June 04, 2009Report This Post