Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Securing Data Adapter Connections

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Securing Data Adapter Connections
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

Is it possible to secure a data adapter connection?

I have a connection which I only want accessible to a few of my developers. Right now, if a developer wants to create new metadata they are presented with the configured connections screen and see everything.

Thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Yazster,

WebFOCUS 8.201M
Windows, Linux, All Outputs

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
So you want to stop users from changing master files and only allow select users access to change things ?

If so, you may be able to do this on the WF server with setting privileges on the app folders.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
No the master files are fine, and I have the application directories secured.

My issue is with the adaptors (connections) themselves.

Let's say I have a developer that has access to 5 application directories (and metadata) and another one has 2. When both try to create new metadata within their application folders, they are presented with all the available adaptors/connections to choose from. Both developers see the same connections and can choose any one they want, regardless of the folder they are creating the metadata in.

So I'd like to restrict access to the configured adapters on the reporting server.

I have developers in multiple departments and not all of them have the same access rights.

Is this possible?

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Posts: 47 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 15, 2014Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you thought about user profiles on the server ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I have the user profiles setup to control what application directories are accessible (read/write/execute) to the developers from various groups.

If it's possible to control the adapters access from here, I'm not sure how to do it.

WebFOCUS 8.201M

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Found the solution here:
https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/20213550.html

Thanks for your help! Smiler

WebFOCUS 8.201M