Focal Point
[CLOSED] Access both Default and Alt Sec Zone from the same IP Address/workstation

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4607087396

June 30, 2020, 10:53 AM
Luke Loeffler
[CLOSED] Access both Default and Alt Sec Zone from the same IP Address/workstation
Hello, in our environment we currently have the Default Security zone setup for SAML authentication and our Alternate Zone for Administrative access via the Forms based login with the IPs of the admin workstations setup in the Alternate Zone.

This works except that I am unable to test SAML Authentication issues from my admin workstation.

Is there a way I can use the URL Pattern Matching settings in the Alternate Zone to allow an alternate URL which will take me to the forms based login when I need that for SuperUser or testing purposes, but to use the normal SAML processes for daily use?

The Adv Security manual notes the recommendation is to login to the web client server to do this, however due to security restrictions on that server I would prefer to access this from my workstation.

This is with WF 8207 on Windows.

Thanks,
-Luke.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,
June 30, 2020, 07:01 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Luke

I am pretty sure you will have to work with techsupport to set this up...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
July 06, 2020, 09:01 AM
Luke Loeffler
I assumed that was going to be what needed to happen, but figured I'd check here first.
Thanks,
-Luke.