Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Using Developer Studio 7.6.11 and 7.7

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Using Developer Studio 7.6.11 and 7.7
 Login/Join

posted
Is it´s possible to use both Developer Studio Releases ( 7.6.11 and 7.7) on one System

Do I have to consider anythiny special?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StephenP,

WebFOCUS 7.6.11
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

You can install both the versions on the same machine..the only thing you need to do is run the thisfoci.bat file found in C:\ibi\ibi\DevStudio7X\bin folder each time you want to switch to a diff version.
This file registers the dlls required to the run the DS.

If you plan to do local development on both then while installing you need to change the alias names for the ibi_apps and ibi_html contexts.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

<JG>
posted
That's not true since 7.6.9

IBI finally resolved the problem

Installing Multiple Developers Studio Versions

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks JG...that's good to know.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
To use multiple versions of Developer Studio I find it useful to put shortcuts to the various thisfoci.bat files on my desktop, and change the shortcut names to include the version. I also make shortcuts to the various focshell.exe files, again with the version in the name.

Now I can quickly run a specific thisfoci.bat and then the focshell.exe to change versions without any hassle.

I currently have three different D.S. versions immediately available to me on my desktop.

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have many installed - and many webfocus installed. I use a soft alias of ds7611_apps/ds7611_html, wf7611_apps/wf7611_html, etc. I usually only keep 3 or 4 active in tomcat at any one time so my single tomcat doesn't run out of memory (just drag the files out of the conf directory). Other people use multiple tomcat definitions. My other trick is that I install many server versions, all using different port numbers (769=6900-4, 7611=6110, etc.) so I can have them running at the same time and switch back and forth. (I don't do that with the servers shipped with Devstudio though).

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post