Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dialogue Manager in Web Focus

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dialogue Manager in Web Focus
 Login/Join

posted
How do I use Dialogue Manager in WebFocus like below ::

-"-"<12 COMPENSATION CALCULATOR"
-"<12 ************************-"POSTED YM:"
-" TITLE:"
-"-"<.HD.&EMPMSG"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
What is all this?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to put a screen for User to enter the value on screen.

How can I do this Web Focus??

In Mainframe I do it like ,
-" enter the value for YM "
-" YM :: &YM"

And later I generate reports based on the &YM that user hs entered.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
There are several ways to do this. You can create an HTML screen that contains a form where the user enters or selects values and then submits the form to run the report. Or if Parameter Prompting is on, the user runs the report and is prompted for values.

A bit of reading might be a good idea. Try Technical Library - WebFOCUS 7.6.x. In particular, Developing Reporting Applications , Coding a User Interface is a good start.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sanjeev,

Are you a FOCUS mainframe user?
On what machine are you running WebFOCUS?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Danny-SRL,

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Yes, I do work in Mainframe Focus(TSOF).

I have installed Web Focus and Now I need to connect WebFocus to TSOF(Mainframe).
Do you have any idea how can I do this?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Where have youy installed WebFOCUS ?

Is there connectivity between the install location and the Mainframe, like TCP or SNA ?

MF FOCUS does not lend its self to being connected to like WebFOCUS servers.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed WebFocus in My Laptop.

Need to connect TSOF(Mainframe).

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is there an IP address or DNS name for the MF machine ?

You only have MF FOCUS , not WebFOCUS on MF ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have IP Address of the Mainframe that I am using and I do not have Web Focus on my Mainframe.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Unless someone else has a suggestion, I think you are out of luck. Frowner

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

posted Hide Post
Is there way to install WebFocus in Mainframe?

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS is supported on Mainframe, but you will need a licence, and it may be expensive.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Master
posted Hide Post
Waz is wrong.. "it may be expensive"

Methinks it WILL be VERY expensive ......

Of course what constitutes expensive depends on your perspective I guess....

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Waz is wrong

George, you are right. I missed one word...

and it may be obscenely expensive.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Master
posted Hide Post
Compared to other applications, I wouldn't call it obscene. However, you can buy an NT server and install WebFOCUS AND ReportCaster on it for less than a mainframe WebFOCUS license (including the cost of the server).

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post