Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Linking a PDF file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Linking a PDF file
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

I want to know if we can link a PDF file to webfocus with the help of bookmark.

For Example - I have an HTML report with 4 different sections. At each section i have an i button. There is a PDF file which has the information of all the different sections. On click on the i buttton it should take me to the corresponding section in the PDF file.

Kindly let me know if this is a possibility in WebFOCUS and what is the method which can be used to achieve this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

769 Excel,PDF and HTML

Posts: 35 | Location: Bangalore | Registered: March 27, 2008Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Not a chance of doing it as you describe.

You will need a separate PDF for each section and the link on a button opens the required PDF

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
thanks JG Smiler

769 Excel,PDF and HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
According to Adobe this can be done via a URL.

PDF Open Parameters

To go to a specific page, use #page={n} after the pdf document name.

e.g.http://documentation.informati...appslang.pdf#page=30

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
oh that's wicked cool to know!

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
this is awesome!!!! this is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you so much Waz Smiler

769 Excel,PDF and HTML

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

The suggestion you gave works perfectly fine when the output format if HTML. But when the format is PDF it is not working.It says bad value in style sheet. Let me know if there is any alternative for this

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
CAR
MODEL
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"i"
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE=TABLOID, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,
  LEFTMARGIN=0.250000, RIGHTMARGIN=0.250000, TOPMARGIN=0.000000, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.000000,
$
TYPE=REPORT,
  FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=12, COLOR='BLACK', STYLE=NORMAL,
  RIGHTGAP=0.388999, LEFTGAP=0.201000, TOPGAP=0.075000, BOTTOMGAP=0.075000,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
 LINE=1, ITEM=1, COLOR='WHITE', BACKCOLOR = 'GREY', STYLE=BOLD, JUSTIFY=CENTER, WIDTH=5.35,
$
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
SIZE=16,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
COLSPAN=8,
COLOR='BLUE',
STYLE=UNDERLINE,
TARGET='_BLANK',
URL=http://assetsprotection.target.com/AssetsProtection/Protected/APWebDocs/Documents/022009_GAPTL%20Perf%20Plan%202009.#page=4,
$
ENDSTYLE
END 

769 Excel,PDF and HTML

<JG>
posted
quote:
022009_GAPTL%20Perf%20Plan%202009.#page=4,

Shru your file name is not valid. It's missing the file extension which means WebFOCUS cannot find the file, that is the cause of the error.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
hi JG thanks for replying, but the error remains the same even after adding the extension

an%202009.pdf#page=4,

769 Excel,PDF and HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The error message is caused by the '=' sign.
I tried escaping it (to %3D), and that does not produce any error any more, it link to the right document, but it does not link to the desired page.
So what I did to solve this was to give the url a parameter, like so:
TYPE=TABHEADING,
LINE=1,
SIZE=16,
OBJECT=TEXT,
ITEM=1,
COLSPAN=8,
COLOR='BLUE',
STYLE=UNDERLINE,
TARGET='_BLANK',
URL=http://localhost/relnotes_768#(page=12),
$  

And for me this worked fine. It gave no error and when the link is clicked I got to the right page.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post