Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     looking for a way to produce reports verticaly not horizontally

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
looking for a way to produce reports verticaly not horizontally
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
1)I have the need to produce reports vertically not horizontally. I am famuiler with the "over" command however I don't think this will work for me. this app uses sql passthru. I will retrieve the fields from the tables (20) different tables...many different values. my report neede to look like this(no dots...just for clairification.

field..............value
-----..............-----
amount 888.88
customer amway
desc this may be as big as allowed
rate best available

2) I have a button set up on an HTML frame...when a user clicks a link I neet to execute my code which will in tern display the dialog box. How to code the onClick so that it knows where to find my html and execute it

3) in the report mentioned in #1 I need to provide in the heading <1 of xxx> next. In example one you clicked rec_type (dhich has a record count field)

rec_type rec_desc rec_count
------- -------- -------
2* test 4
--

click on rec_type drill to next program
I need to complete the requirements of #1 (print report vertically + have < 1 of 4> next
in the heading.

This module used wf,javascript & html to produce reports.

Thanks - Timothy

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 MRE
Oracle/Sybase
Test: DevStudio 7.6.6
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 , PDF, CSV, DOC

Posts: 133 | Registered: December 29, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
1 .Use LANDSCAPE Option for your report, i hope it will solve your problem.
<input type="button" name="sbutton" value="Run Report" onClick="runreport[)"><input type="HIDDEN" name="DYNAMIC" value="V1" ></td>
<input type="HIDDEN" name="DYNAMIC" value="V1" >

this the code for button to run the report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Thanks,
Kalyan.S
------------------------------------
WebFOCUS 7.1.4, Win XP SP2,
Oracle8i.
------------------------------------

Posts: 155 | Location: Bangalore. | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding kalyanswarna I may not have been clear in my description... got to wk early(3 am). description 1)I don't need to produce the report landscape. I need to revrieve the values from the (informix) DB and display that data vertically on the report i.e if selece bank from "table" returns 4444 I need to report
field.........value
bank..........4444

desc #2) I have coded the html form to produce the dialog box I want with these options
EXCEL.....PDF.....CANCEL.

I need to know what to tell my link to execute this html and where to put the html so that it canbe referenced

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 MRE
Oracle/Sybase
Test: DevStudio 7.6.6
WF Server 7.6.6
Report Caster 7.6.6
Web Server - Tomcat
MS Windows XP SP2
Output: HTML, Excel 2000 , PDF, CSV, DOC

Posts: 133 | Registered: December 29, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure what you need here so this is just my guess of what you mean by reporting vertically. I'm assuming that you want each field on a data record to show on a different line without using the "over". (Over by the way should work against any data source) Using the car file and what is known as the Mcgyver technique I have an example of what I think you want. This technique uses a master(FSEQ) allocated to an 80 byte file where the first byte is blank. I have posted this master below and I'm sure you can do a search on this technique in this forum to find out more.

Here is the Fseq master:
FILENAME=FSEQ ,SUFFIX=FIX,$
SEGNAME=ROOT,SEGTYPE=S0,$
FIELD=BLANK ,BLANK ,A1 ,A1 , $
SEGNAME=SEGOCC,OCCURS = 79,PARENT=ROOT,$
FIELD=1CHAR ,1CHAR ,A1 ,A1 , $
FIELD=COUNTER ,ORDER ,I4 ,I4 , $
$$ THIS MASTER DOES NOT BELONG TO ANY SYSTEM BUT IS A MASTER
$$ THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH AN 80 CHARACTER DATASET WITH ONE
$$ AND ONLY ONE RECORD OF ALL BLANKS. IT IS USED IN A TECHNIQUE
$$ ALONG WITH A DEFINE AND JOIN (KNOWN TO HEAVY FOCUS USERS AS
$$ THE MC GYVER TECHNIQUE) TO ENABLE THE USER THE ABILITY
$$ READ ONE RECORD AND WRITE OUT MANY (IN THIS CASE UP TO 79) RECORDS
$$ WITH THE TABLE COMMAND.

Here is a table request against to extract a hold file with 2 records with 4 fields each:

TABLEF FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL BODYTYPE DEALER_COST
COMPUTE BLANK/A1=' ';
BY CAR
IF CAR EQ JAGUAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD1
END

Here is the data on the 2 records horizontally

CAR MODEL BODYTYPE DEALER_COST
--- ----- -------- -----------
JAGUAR V12XKE AUTO CONVERTIBLE 7,427
JAGUAR XJ12L AUTO SEDAN 11,194

Here is code using the FSEQ master and defines to create what I think you mean by a vertical report.

JOIN CLEAR *
JOIN BLANK IN HOLD1 TO BLANK IN FSEQ AS J1
DEFINE FILE HOLD1
DC1/A20=FTOA(DEALER_COST,'(D12.2)','A20');
DC/A20=LJUST(20,DC1,'A20');
OUT1/A80=IF COUNTER EQ 1 THEN 'CAR: '|CAR ELSE
IF COUNTER EQ 2 THEN 'MODEL: '|MODEL ELSE
IF COUNTER EQ 3 THEN 'BODYTYPE: '|BODYTYPE ELSE
IF COUNTER EQ 4 THEN 'DEALER COST: '|DC ELSE ' ';
END
TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT OUT1 AS ''
IF COUNTER LE 4
END

Below is the report now with 8 records (4 fields x 2 records) one on each line without using over:

CAR: JAGUAR
MODEL: V12XKE AUTO
BODYTYPE: CONVERTIBLE
DEALER COST: 7,427.00
CAR: JAGUAR
MODEL: XJ12L AUTO
BODYTYPE: SEDAN
DEALER COST: 11,194.00

Good luck

ET

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ET,

FOCUS 7.6 MVS PDF,HTML,EXCEL

Posts: 115 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Or possibly:

TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"Car: "Model: "Body Type: etc
PRINT CAR NOPRINT
BY CAR NOPRINT PAGE-BREAK
END

And actually, you should be able to leave the PRINT statement out. Just the BY should be good enough.

dwf

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post