Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Summit 08 Presenters?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Summit 08 Presenters?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Just curious of those here on the forum are planning on presenting at Summit this year?

If you want to, please share if you are and what you're session is!

I'll start:

Choose Your Own Adventure With Dynamic Grouping
WebFOCUS Best Practices and Techniques 1
Wed June 4 @ 1:30pm

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Trav,

I will be presenting at Summit on Tuesday after lunch. I will be talking about HTML and PDF Report Design, reviewing specific commands and there affect on each output format. This presetnation is based on the content of my Part I article published in the IBI-Developer Center.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great topic, I may have to attend!

I've had your article as one of my favorites for quite some time -- and I make sure my developers know where it's at also. I frequently use it as reference as I have trouble remembering when/how to use the SQUEEZE, WRAP, etc.

Hope to see you there.

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one out of all the folks on FP that is doing a presentation at Summit 2008? Tony? Susannah? I know you guys will be involved in a Tips and Techniques presentation, right?

Thanks!

Mickey

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
On the last day of Summit, I am scheduled to do a joint presentation with a local WebFOCUS customer. We will describe how they are using both WebFOCUS and iWay for their global operations, as well as go over some future development plans.

Personal: Windows 7.7.02
Clients: Variety

Posts: 16 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Mickey,

Allegedly, yes, but no details as to what we will be involved in doing (or performing?). Just to calm your fears I am sure that it does not involve karaoke Wink

Oh, and make sure to visit the Focal Point stand (if there is one this year) as I am sure that I will be there on quite a few occasions.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Tony,

LOL

Thanks for the warning about no karaoke. As long as the presentation does not involve a pole we should be fine. Eeker

Thanks!

Mickey

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Choose Your Own Adventure With Dynamic Grouping

Trav

I had placed you in my agenda, but unfortunately there was an other presentation from one of the people from the Netherlands that I should join...I hope to get the presentation later by copy.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post