Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Run Deferred
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I've spent soooome time looking at all the posts about adding the 'Run Deferred' option
to a launch page.

The question I have, is there a manual I should be referring to build a simple launch page to launch RD reports?

Or, has anyone built a little report with the CAR file and a launch page to run reports from?

I am using WF Dev Stud 7.13 on Windoze IIS.

Thanks,
Tom Big Grin

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom -
If you use some kind of a javascript function to submit your form, then add this line to the submit js-function section before the submit -

document.formname.IBIMR_defer.value = defr ;

If you use the submit button to directly call the WFServlet, then add this hidden variable line to your Form -

<input type='hidden' name='IBIMR_defer'      value='defr'>  

You will ofcourse have to have all your other Hidden vars like IBIMR_domain, IBIMR_folder, etc to go with the above IBIMR_defer variable.

Hope that helps,
Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
<input type='hidden' name='IBIMR_defer' value='defr'>

I tried that, and it is not working. Here is my code...

[
< !-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<script id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";
var multidrill = "multidrill";
var mntFormValidate = "mntFormValidate";
var dyncalendar = "dyncalendar";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";
var ibilangtrans="ibilangtrans";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";
var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls,mntFormValidate,ibilangtrans,olap,olappanebase,olapdrill,multidrill);
</SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>

<script id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>HtmlPage
</TITLE>
<script id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: add validation code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}
</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto">
<INPUT language=java_script id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 140px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 248px" onclick=button1_OnClick[this) tabIndex=1 type=button value=Button name=button1 requests_list="0">
<INPUT type='hidden' name='IBIMR_defer' value='defr'>
<SPAN id=text1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 140px; WIDTH: 97px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 170px; HEIGHT: 16px" tabIndex=2>COUNTRY
</SPAN>
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 3; LEFT: 140px; WIDTH: 110px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 200px" tabIndex=3 size=1 name=COUNTRY labelid="text1" ibiformat="A10" addalloption="0" accept="0" operation="NONE" datafield="COUNTRY" displayfield="COUNTRY" datasource="car.mas" requiredfield="1507722" datatype="1" datafieldtype="INTIGER" sourcetype="typeMaster">
</SELECT>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_domain style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=wofitzv1/wofitzv1.htm name=IBIMR_domain>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_folder style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=#teststuffe6j name=IBIMR_folder>
<INPUT id=ibif_ex style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=app/lzcar.htm name=ibif_ex>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden name=ibiapp_app ismre="1">
<INPUT id=ibic_server style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=EDASERVE name=ibic_server>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<requests>
<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="1" targetname="_self" ibif_ex="app/zcar.fex" IBIMR_folder="#teststuffe6j" ibiapp_app="">
<variables>
<variable field="COUNTRY" file="car.mas" desc="COUNTRY" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="COUNTRY" accept="0" type="unresolved" select="0" controltype="8">

</variable>
</variables>
</request>
</requests>
</xml>
</BODY>
</HTML>
]

Note: I want to run from my Dev. Studio., not from MRE at this point.

Here is the CAR file code
[
-SET &ECHO = ALL;
-*SET &COUNTRY = 'JAPAN';
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL
BY COUNTRY
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY';
END
-RUN
]

Thanks Razzer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tomsweb,

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
where's your FORM tag?

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I created this html form in dev studio. After looking through this code, I am embarassed to say that it did not create one.

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tom -
We just started using DevStuido, so I am having a hard time weeding out all those extra parms that the GUI plugs in for all tags.

Like Jack was saying, I am not so sure if you can submit a "Form" without a "FORM" tag.

In the little experimentation we did with the HTML-Painter tool, we could not get it to work right. I have a feeling you have to work things in a specific sequence while building HTML pages using the GUI.

Will get back if I see the problem.
Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
To clarify, our issues with the HTML tool are training related (or lack there of). I am sure we will get there some day !!

Y'all have a gooooooood weekend !!
Sandeep Mamidenna

Master
posted Hide Post
I've been told that it is easy if you create a launch page with a button using javascript onclick defer...

I have not gotten that method to work either.
Sweating

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Guru
posted Hide Post
It's possible, we've got it running in a javascript launch page. Besides idMRdefer = defer you also need to fill idMRfex ("app/" + rprtFex + ".fex")

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.

Posts: 454 | Location: Europe | Registered: February 05, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Just a minor point but fundemental. Your hidden tag should have a value of "defer" and not "!defr"
quote:
<INPUT type='hidden' name='IBIMR_defer' value='defr'>

Also, not sure whether your search picked this one up, but you might like to look at this link in which Kerry advises that Deferred is a function only of MRE. However, she also mentions that several NFRs had been submitted to allow deferred outside of MRE. It might be worth while contqacting Kerry or Tech Support to see if anything has moved?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post