Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Drill to multiple procedures

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Drill to multiple procedures
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi Folks,

Suppose I have proc1, proc2, and proc3 and they all exist on the same dashboard. Each have bar charts. I would like to be able to click a bar in proc1 and then the data in proc2 and proc3 will update to reflect the selection/click made in proc1. How can this be done?

When I researched this, all I get are references to DRILLMENUITEM. I definitely do not want to do this, as DRILLMENUITEM presents the user an interface to drill to either report, but I want to drill to both.

I'm able to drill/filter one of the reports using something like:
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, 
TARGET='Panel_2', BUCKET=y-axis, FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/proc2.fex(SELECTED=N2), $
...but I can't seem to figure out how to use the same logic/code to also filter proc3.

Another approach I was thinking of is to update the variables in proc1 when a bar is clicked, and then to refresh the whole dashboard. Is this the route I should be taking?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8201, SP 0.1, Windows 7, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Assuming you're putting this up on a portal, instead of drill into the procedure you could Refresh BI Portal.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
Assuming you're putting this up on a portal, instead of drill into the procedure you could Refresh BI Portal.

...right, that's the third option I mentioned up there.

Thank you,
FS

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Shingles

One of the hyperlink drill down options is 'Refresh BI Portal' when this selection is made one drill will refresh all the other reports on that portal page as long as all reports have the matching parameters referenced.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks, is there a way to specify which panels should be refreshed?

EDIT: Nevermind... I found this thread that answers that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shingles,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Uggh... so how do I set a variable to a value when the user clicks on one of the bars? I thought that would be easy to do, but its eluding me.

Yes... me is a WF noob!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Change all the filters to Simple with Optional checked in the reports/charts that are to be refreshed. Make sure you use the same variable names in your Refresh portal.

One other way I think you might get the same effect is to create a visualization using InfoAssist+ which has multiple charts and reports. You can lasso any part of a chart and the filters will take effect on all charts.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,
Thanks for all the suggestions, but this is exactly what I needed (I don't have an example using cars):

TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BUCKET=y-axis, JAVASCRIPT=navigateToPage('page2' 'Panel_6_2 Panel_5_2' \
          'SELECTED_SUB' N2 \
          ), $

This tells WF to update the panels named Panel_6_2 and Panel_5_2 on page page2 of the current portal. It will pass the value of N2 to a variable named SELECTED_SUB in those panels.

EDIT: and you have to put this at the top of the fex:
SET JSURLS = '/ibi_apps/tools/portalcanvas/iframeinterface.js'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shingles,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to get that code (...JAVASCRIPT=navigateToPage...) above to work with a tag cloud, so I went with the refreshing page solution.

This is what I ended up going with:
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2,  TARGET='_self', JAVASCRIPT=drillRefresh('AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY' 'SELECTED_SUB' SUBCATEGORY), $