Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     I have created a launch page (2 frames) with two hyperlinks and some other control it

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
I have created a launch page (2 frames) with two hyperlinks and some other control it
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I have created a launch page (2 frames) with two hyperlinks and some other control items (date boxes and dropdowns).

When I click on one of the hyperlinks, the report correctly loads in the content frame to the right. When I click on the other hyperlink l expect that report to overlay the report in the content frame from the first hyperlink.

Each hyperlink's properties box is coded: Target type and name: 'iframe39' (which is the name of the content frame).

I have been searching the 'Developing Reporting Applications' Manual and looking at Tech Support for any caveats re: multiple
reports to a frame via hyperlinks - but I see no advisories about this

I have no problems getting the controls generated report to be overwritten by a hyperlink-generated report.

Can you suggest anything?

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I click on the other hyperlink l expect that report to overlay the report in the content frame from the first hyperlink.
You didn't mention what actually happens. Does it open a new window? From the description of your launch page, it sounds like it should work. Perhaps you have a typo? I'm not sure what you mean by
quote:
I have no problems getting the controls generated report to be overwritten by a hyperlink-generated report

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I have created a launch page (2 frames). The frame page on the left contains two hyperlinks and control items (date boxes and dropdowns).

When I click on one of the hyperlinks or select parameters to be passed to a fex, the resulting report correctly loads in the content frame to the right.

When I click on the other hyperlink l expect that report triggered by the hyperlink to appear in the right side frame (thereby overlaying the (first) report which was
generated by the selected control parameters.

Instead of seeing the new report loading into the frame, the new report appears in a new window.

I have gone back over my configuration coding, and I verified that each hyperlink's properties box is coded: "Target type and name:
'iframe39'" (which is the name of the content frame).

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Thanks,
Tomsweb

Cool

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you post both hyperlinks?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
As I am trying to debug this guy, UI removed on o the URLS...but here is what I have right now.

Hold Cars

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Master
posted Hide Post
As I am trying to debug this guy, I removed one of the hyperlinks...

Here is what I have now:

Hold Cars

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Master
posted Hide Post
I am hoping that since I clicked on Pure HTML in the options settings, you can see my links.... Here is what I have now... Hold Cars Thanks :rolleyes:

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you please repost the hyperlinks, and click on the Options link at the bottom left of the "Post A Reply" page and check "Disable HTML"?

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Francis,

I am very new to using this forum...thanks for the assistance with the settings...

As I am trying to debug this guy, I removed one of the hyperlinks...

<SPAN id=ITEM44 style="Z-INDEX: 16; LEFT: 5px; WIDTH: 68px; COLOR: rgb(0,128,192); POSITION: absolute; TOP: 184px; HEIGHT: 18px" name ="text44" elementname="text44" elementtype="text">

<A target=iframe39 FragmentColor="16711680" sourcetype="typeUrl" targettype="0" FragmentStartChar="0" FragmentEndChar="10" onclicksource="http://ftwaxwfcp001/ibi_apps/esri/esri_index.jsp?IBIAPP_app=mp_holdcar_esri">Hold Cars
</A>

</SPAN>

Thanks!

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, your problem is that one works and one doesn't, it would be nice to see both.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
Almost correct...

Whether I generate the initial report via selected control parameters or via clicking on
the hyperlink...that initial report is loaded into the frame window. This is what I expect.

Then, when I want to generate a second (or next) report, it does not always load into the
same frame...sometimes it loads into a new opened window.

I have rechecked my settings, and I am sure that I have coded each control(thru report layout
painter) to load its report or URL into the frame page.

That is the problem. At best, its load performance is very inconsistent. Unless there is something missing, every report should always load into the right side frame.

If you need to see any other code, please let me know.

Thanks very much Smiler!

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tomsweb,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the layout painter in v7 but I expect inconsistencies are to be expected! SOrry I can't help any further. Something that works sometimes and does not other times is very suspect. Perhaps you need the latest patches to Dev Studio or WF server.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
The hyperlinks are attempting to launch GIS/ESRI maps in the frame and the controls
pass parms to report fexes to display in the
same frame.

After opening a case with the IB help desk, I learned that WebFOCUS treats displaying maps in a frame differently than it does a report.

The only way to launch display a map in a frame is to use a push button to launch the map instead of an hyperlink.

And so we learn...

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36