Focal Point
[SOLVED] Latest Chrome Browser update and WF patch - PDF issues?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4647017296

February 26, 2020, 03:31 PM
DWaybright
[SOLVED] Latest Chrome Browser update and WF patch - PDF issues?
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the generation of PDF files from an html page? We applied the patch to fix the drop downs in IA and I upgraded my Chrome and was fine until I tried running reports from an html page created in AppStudio. The reports that are generated in HTML output are fine, the ones that go to PDF format just give a blank screen. Given the timing I'm blaming it on the updates... (also because it is fine with IE)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
February 26, 2020, 03:55 PM
BabakNYC
If you create this report and pick PDF, do you get a blank page? I just tested this and it works for me in 8206.

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET SQUEEZE=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=ON;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET HTMLCSS=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

-DEFAULTH &WF_ARVERSION=1;
SET ARVERSION=&WF_ARVERSION

-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE ibisamp/car
SUM CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(<HTML,HTML>,<HTML Analytic Document,AHTML>,<PDF,PDF>,<Excel 2000,EXL2K>,<Excel Formula,EXL2K FORMULA>,<Excel 2007,XLSX>,<Excel Formula (xlsx),XLSX FORMULA>,<PowerPoint 2007,PPTX>).Select an output type.

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 26, 2020, 04:11 PM
DWaybright
Babak,
That does the same as my other reports -- runs fine from AppStudio, runs fine from an HTML page if the output is HTML but gives a blank screen if the output is to PDF.

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
February 26, 2020, 04:21 PM
BabakNYC
Both in 8203 and 8206? Could you provide your specific gen of WebFOCUS where this happens? I hope you've also opened a case with IB Tech Support.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 26, 2020, 04:27 PM
DWaybright
I haven't tried in 8.2.06, just 03 since 03 is our production area. We are on gen 90.
I'm going to open a case.
Also, I had a user who didn't apply the Chrome update test and he doesn't have an issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
February 27, 2020, 10:25 AM
tony.dicks
We were having PDF issues with Chrome in general yesterday. Today it's working for some and not others. Doesn't matter if it's generated from WebFocus or not. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

WF 8.204, Linux
February 27, 2020, 03:35 PM
DWaybright
Tony, thanks for posting. I just heard from someone else that it is a Chrome and not a WebFocus based issue.

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
February 27, 2020, 04:26 PM
DWaybright
The tech guys here at work thought turning off the "similar page suggestions" option in Chrome settings would fix it but it didn't. Frowner

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs
February 28, 2020, 10:15 AM
DWaybright
Okay, here's what we had to do to fix this.
In Chrome settings, under sync and Google services, turn ON "Show suggestions for similar pages when a page can't be found". Close Chrome. Open Chrome and turn that setting back off. Now my PDFs work again.
Razzer

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs