Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Latest Chrome Browser update and WF patch - PDF issues?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Latest Chrome Browser update and WF patch - PDF issues?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the generation of PDF files from an html page? We applied the patch to fix the drop downs in IA and I upgraded my Chrome and was fine until I tried running reports from an html page created in AppStudio. The reports that are generated in HTML output are fine, the ones that go to PDF format just give a blank screen. Given the timing I'm blaming it on the updates... (also because it is fine with IE)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (production), 8.2.06 (testing)
AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 183 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 05, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you create this report and pick PDF, do you get a blank page? I just tested this and it works for me in 8206.

ENGINE INT CACHE SET ON
SET PAGE-NUM=NOLEAD
SET SQUEEZE=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_HTMLENCODE=ON;
SET HTMLENCODE=&WF_HTMLENCODE

SET HTMLCSS=ON
-DEFAULTH &WF_EMPTYREPORT=ON;
SET EMPTYREPORT=&WF_EMPTYREPORT

-DEFAULTH &WF_ARVERSION=1;
SET ARVERSION=&WF_ARVERSION

-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE ibisamp/car
SUM CAR.BODY.RETAIL_COST
BY CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
BY CAR.COMP.CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT.(<HTML,HTML>,<HTML Analytic Document,AHTML>,<PDF,PDF>,<Excel 2000,EXL2K>,<Excel Formula,EXL2K FORMULA>,<Excel 2007,XLSX>,<Excel Formula (xlsx),XLSX FORMULA>,<PowerPoint 2007,PPTX>).Select an output type.

ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-RUN

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Babak,
That does the same as my other reports -- runs fine from AppStudio, runs fine from an HTML page if the output is HTML but gives a blank screen if the output is to PDF.

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Both in 8203 and 8206? Could you provide your specific gen of WebFOCUS where this happens? I hope you've also opened a case with IB Tech Support.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried in 8.2.06, just 03 since 03 is our production area. We are on gen 90.
I'm going to open a case.
Also, I had a user who didn't apply the Chrome update test and he doesn't have an issue.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DWaybright,

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
We were having PDF issues with Chrome in general yesterday. Today it's working for some and not others. Doesn't matter if it's generated from WebFocus or not. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

WF 8.204, Linux

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Tony, thanks for posting. I just heard from someone else that it is a Chrome and not a WebFocus based issue.

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The tech guys here at work thought turning off the "similar page suggestions" option in Chrome settings would fix it but it didn't. Frowner

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's what we had to do to fix this.
In Chrome settings, under sync and Google services, turn ON "Show suggestions for similar pages when a page can't be found". Close Chrome. Open Chrome and turn that setting back off. Now my PDFs work again.
Razzer

AppStudio, InfoAssist
Windows, All Outputs