Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] excel template

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] excel template
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I'm experimenting with excel templates , and i just found out that i need to have excel 2003 to be able to create templates , is that correct?

My question on this is , if i need to excel 2003 to create templates , do our customers need excel 2003 to be able to open the reports?

P.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It is correct that you need EXCEL 2003 to create the template. Once created, a later version of EXCEL can be used to open the reports. Users do not need EXCEL 2003.

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
so if customers use excel 2000 , i'm kinda stuck :-)

Then we'll have to put that feature on hold for now

thanks m8 for the input

D: WF 7.6.2 P. : WF 7.6.2 on W2003
------------------------------------------------------------------
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

-Jim Morrison-

Posts: 206 | Registered: February 25, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
That isn't my understanding of excel templates. We use Excel 2000 in my shop and we utilize a few excel templates. From my understanding, you need to have the template saved as a .mht file. That's how we have our stuff set up. Give it a shot, it should work

Eric

Eric Woerle
WF 7.6.7 Reportting Server
ETL 7.6.10
Dev Studio 7.6.7

Gold member
posted Hide Post
EXCEL 2003 or prior s/work fine for creating the template. Problem came with EXCEL 2007, when MS changed some things.

Also, Eric is correct re: saving as an mht file.

WebFOCUS 8105
Windows;
DB2, UDB, SQL Server, Oracle
FOCUS-WebFOCUS since 1981

<JG>
posted
Excel 2000 will not work because it does not know what a webarchive is.

Has to be Excel 2003 and up from a user point of view.

Excel 2003 from a developers point of view.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From documentation about Excel templates:

quote:

With this feature, you can integrate WebFOCUS with complex Excel workbooks that may contain macros, graphs, or Visual Basic applications. You can also supply ad hoc and end users with more advanced Excel functionality such as filters, subtotals, page and print settings, and so on. This feature also provides you with more advanced styling options for Excel-based reports.

Note: You must have Excel 2002 or higher to use this feature.

- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Note: You must have Excel 2002 or higher to use this feature.

Now, the documentation may need to be updated as "higher" does not really cut it. It's been documented that Excel 2007 does not support the feature as implemented in previous versions so that note is misleading.

I'd stick to Excel 2002/2003 for the purpose of creating the templates just to be safe.

Regards,
- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I think document written before MS decide route to Excel 2007. Document always need revisit when other apps change.

Kofi

Client Server 8.1.05: Apache; Tomcat;Windows Server 2012
Reporting Server 8.1.05; Oracle; MS SQL; Windows Server 2012

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That is exactly why I said that the documentation may need to be updated; the extract I quoted came with the most up-to-date documentation available with Developer Studio 7.6.11 (released a few weeks ago) and the EXL2K template incompatibility with Excel 2007 has been known for over 2 years now (See MHT (template) format not functioning in Excel 2007).