Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX 1015

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_FEX 1015
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Getting the above error when trying to execute drilldown focexec via stylesheet.
The shortcut for the drilldown contains the variable...
&&IBIMR_drill=X,internat/internat.htm
which, when removed from the shortcut then performs the drilldown fex correctly.
IBIMR_drill is not provided within the HTML form, and I am unable to determine where this value is being generated from, and when I do provide this from the html form , the value provided (RUNNID) is ignored and replaced with the above.
Any help greatly appreciated !!
Stuart

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
Basically, Managed Reporting is not finding the fex. From the explorer view right click on the drill down report and look at properties. The 8 character internal name is the one you need. You drill down should be something like:

FOCEXEC=app/myfexxyz.fex

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks WF , by placing the internal name into the FOCEXEC drilldown and getting the fex into MRE this process now 'works'.
I'm just confused, does this mean that every fex that is mentioned in dashboard has to be 'stated' in MRE? even if it is not going to be a menu option within MRE/DB?
I have other drilldowns called by stylesheets that are not explicitly mentioned to MRE that work fine by calling the 'real' fex name within the stylesheet.
I also had to place a mrnoedit -include within the MRE entry, but this will have many variables supplied at run time.But MRE appeared to cope with that.
Again, thanks

Posts: 55 | Location: UK-London | Registered: January 27, 2005Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
If you have an MR/BID application, all of the components should reside in MR. You don't want to have a situation where half your app is in MR and half in self serv. So, you should have your callinf reports as well as drill downs in MR. You can hide reports you don't want users to see by unchecking "Show on User's List" from properties. The exception are procedures that need to be shared across domains. Since you really can't do that, you need to put those procedures on the server and use -MRNOEDIT.

Hope this helps.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
That is acceptable for a drilldown report that resides in one of the many domains you might have, but what about a fex that resides in My Reports that drills down to itself (example: drilldown is actually a re-sort of columns).

Even with the FOCEXEC value correctly pointing to the internal MRE/BID known value, you still receive the 1015.

This basically means that the only reports you can have in your My Reports/Custom Reports section are stand alone reports (unless they reference a report in a Domain).

I do not require an answer to this as I have already raised a case with IB via InfoResponse with an example. The example works within a Domain in BID but not from within a Custom Reports area (and yes, the internal references were changed as required for each scenario).

I just thought you people should know in case you get the same from your Users!

If you want an example, then try this -

-DEFAULT &Sort=1996;<br />DEFINE FILE GGSALES<br />TYEAR/YY = DATE;<br />VALUE/D12.2 = IF EDIT(PCD,'9$') EQ 'G' AND TYEAR EQ 1996 THEN DOLLARS / 2 ELSE DOLLARS;<br />END<br /><br />TABLE FILE GGSALES<br />SUM VALUE<br />BY PCD<br />BY PRODUCT<br />BY TYEAR<br />WHERE TYEAR FROM 1990 TO 2000<br />ON TABLE HOLD AS MYDATA FORMAT FOCUS<br />END<br />-RUN<br /><br />TABLE FILE MYDATA<br />RANKED AS P_RANK BY HIGHEST 10 VALUE<br />BY PCD<br />WHERE TYEAR EQ &Sort;<br />ON TABLE HOLD AS MYDATA1 FORMAT FOCUS<br />END<br />-RUN<br />TABLE FILE MYDATA<br />SUM VALUE<br />BY TYEAR<br />RANKED BY HIGHEST VALUE<br />BY PCD<br />BY PRODUCT<br />ON TABLE HOLD AS MYDATA2 FORMAT FOCUS INDEX PCD<br />END<br />-RUN<br /><br />JOIN CLEAR *<br />JOIN PCD IN MYDATA1 TO ALL PCD IN MYDATA2 AS J1.<br />-RUN<br /><br />TABLE FILE MYDATA1<br />SUM RANK<br />    VALUE<br />BY P_RANK NOPRINT<br />BY PCD<br />ACROSS TYEAR<br />ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF<br />ON TABLE SET STYLE *<br />TYPE=ACROSSVALUE, FOCEXEC=carsample(Sort=A1),$<br />ENDSTYLE<br />END 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post