Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Auto prompt issue
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have customers who hit the RUN button in an auto prompt procedure several times if the report doesn't respond as quickly as they would like.

Does anyone know of a way to post a "Report is running" message that is visible to the user while the report is in progress?

One simple solution I use is to add a -PROMPT &MSG.*** Please do not click the RUN button but once ***.

Dev Studio /7.6.11/7.7.02M
MVS/USS
AIX/SOLARIS
Windows WF Client 7.6.8/7.6.11

Posts: 64 | Location: Eastern and middle NC | Registered: March 13, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
SRC,

What helps is running the report with "open new window".

The fact that a new window pops-up is confirmation for the user that the report has started.

Or you could fiddle around in the autoprompt files and add some Jscript that shows an Alert when the run button is pressed...

G'luck

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post

//add showRunning() in the onsubmit property of the Form

function showRunning() {
window["iframe1"].document.body.innerHTML = "<br><br><b>Running, please wait...</b>";
}
I have use this where I have needed to have and intermediate message.

WF 7703M, XP/Win7, MRE, RC, BID, PMF, HTML, PDF, Excel 2000/7/10

Posts: 73 | Location: NY | Registered: February 06, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Dave and AlexU, both good suggestions. Thanks for your responses. Dave, do you mean set "Run in a new window" as the default or just instruct the users to check that box on the auto prompt screen?

Thanks..............Steve

MVS/USS
AIX/SOLARIS

Posts: 64 | Location: Eastern and middle NC | Registered: March 13, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Well,

you can instruct the users, but they'll forget about it soon.

Default would be better.

But AlexU's solution is actually a bit better. Mine is quick workaround.

G'luck

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
AlexU, can that script code be added to auto prompt or just html forms code?

MVS/USS
AIX/SOLARIS