Focal Point
Migrating Maintain projects from 4.3.6 to 5.2

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4671077331

April 20, 2004, 04:12 PM
<kiddpete>
Migrating Maintain projects from 4.3.6 to 5.2
The migration seems to work OK for our main application except for one thing. It does not seem to be converting the forms. Am I missing something? I see all the maintain procedures and java script modules, but no hint of forms and no mention of them during the migration.
April 20, 2004, 05:16 PM
Maintain Wizard
This is a known migration issue. You do not say which version of 5.2 you are in, but I believe it is fixed in 5.25.

One thing you can check is that all of your objects have unique names. In other words, forms, stacks, databases and cases are not named the same. This was one way around some of the migration issues.

If that is not the case, then I am afraid you will have to upgrade.
April 20, 2004, 08:12 PM
<kiddpete>
OK Maintain Wizard, we are on 5.2 build 0662 dated March 11, 2004. My DBA is going to be livid, but I will pass on the info. He was pointed to this download by tech support in New York.

When you say names must be unique, do you mean within a Maintain or within the Application? It looks like the 4.3.6 version stores forms in a .wfm file which has the same name as the Maintain procedure. Thus, different Maintains could use the same form names within the same application.
April 21, 2004, 11:43 AM
Maintain Wizard
By unique, I mean that objects within a single Maintain procedure should be unique. You should not have a case named RECORDS, if you have a database named RECORDS. This has nothing to do with the FEX, MNT and WFM files.

We are working to correct any and all problems with migration. Please call the problem into the Helpdesk and get us your files.