Focal Point
Linking to a MRE Reporting Object from HTML

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4681005412

February 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
alruby
Linking to a MRE Reporting Object from HTML
I have a HTML Script in the MRE Standard Reporting area. I would like for the HTML Script to call a MRE Reporting Object and pass a parameter to it for a WHERE Clause. The HTML Script and Reporting Object are within the same Domain.

Is it possible?
And, if so, how do I code it in the HTML Script?
February 22, 2007, 08:21 AM
FrankDutch
Would you be so kind to share a part of the HTML script, It would be easier to understand and maybe also easier to give an advice.
I'm sure it can be done.

How does the HTML script get's the parameter?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

February 22, 2007, 09:58 AM
Francis Mariani
The quickest way to find out what is required would be to temporarily create a WHERE statement that has an embedded Dialogue Manager variable, for example WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ &RECORDLIMIT. Make sure that the Prompt for Parameters property is checked. Run the Reporting Object and view the source of the parameter HTML page.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
February 23, 2007, 08:34 AM
alruby
I am not having a problem passing the variables or with the HTML.

The issue is that I am tiring to link to a Reporting Object from within the HTML. You can link to a Standard report with ibif_ex="app/new_proc.fex" IBIMR_folder="#starndardrep" or a My Report with ibif_ex="user1/new_repo.fex" IBIMR_sub_action="MR_MY_REPORT" IBIMR_folder="#standardrepo" but how can you link to a Reporting Object?
February 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
Francis Mariani
I followed my instructions and came up with this URL:
http://gfnotoeiprod/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_REPORT_OBJECT&IBIMR_fex=mrv%2ftest1%2efex&IBIMR_folder=%23test1r9z34rf&IBIMR_domain=francism%2ffrancism%2ehtm&IBIMR_Random=22%2b%2d7898814285333331462&RECLIM=5

As you can see, the "sub-action" is MR_REPORT_OBJECT, and the rest should be familiar.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
February 27, 2007, 02:24 PM
alruby
Francis,

I want to check the version of WebFOCUS you are using. I am running 7.1.6 and if I submit the following, I do get into MRE at the general level, not at the specified Domain Level, and it does not call the Reporting Object up in Assist mode either.

Any thoughts,
Allen.

http://webfoct1/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_...85333331462&RECLIM=5
February 27, 2007, 02:38 PM
Francis Mariani
5.3.3, like my sig. says.

Things may have changed in 7.1.6, but I did notice you have two &IBIMR_action variables in your URL. The second one is 'MR_SIGNON' which is probably why the MRE page is at the general level.

I imagine you need to sign on AND run a reporting object in one call - I unfortunately don't have an example of that for the moment.

Francis