Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Get the Total of Sub-Total averages

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Get the Total of Sub-Total averages
 Login/Join

<Gilles>
posted
Somebody could guide me in Getting the Total of Sub-Total Average fields values.
-Average fields values are taken from 'On FIELD SUB-TOTAL AVE.

- Totals of those fields provide Average values, but I need the SUM of the Sub-Total Average values, not the average.

Thnks

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
on table column-total
rather than on table summarize
does that do it for you, gilles?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Gilles>
posted
quote:
on table column-total

Not really.
It adds all detail values by Column, not the SUBTOTAL AVERAGE values.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i could suggest that you do this in FML so that you can write your own summary forumulae.
but someone smarter will come along and help..

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is NF936 Using prefix operators on summary lines:

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...1sonf739.htm#1032216

I believe this is what you need.

Posts: 1 | Location: Finland | Registered: May 15, 2003Report This Post
<Gilles>
posted
I looked at all suggestions so far and tried several approches; but no luck.

My understanding is that I need to store the result of the 'On field subtotal AVE.' each time it is done and find a way of adding all those for the total.

What Webfocus seems to do internally, is to reuse the same formula over again for any Sort Break and Total, but including more data.

So an AVE. will always produce an AVE. at any level, so is a RECAP or RECOMPUTE formula.

Is there away to capture in a FIELD the result of a SORT BREAK value and reuse it in another FORMULA?

If someone has any idea, it would help.

Rgds

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ah. good catch Markku!.. i have a vague memory now of Noreen showing us the AVE. followed by a blank to get it in a subtotal line...
so then you think ST.[blank}FIELDNAME would do it?

Expert
posted Hide Post
hmm. back to the FML idea, Gilles, where you calculate exactly what you want with RowColumn notation, just like excel

<Gilles>
posted
Hi Suzanna,

I am not familiar at all with FML, but I will look into it.

Late last night I realized that in my specific application, the number of items (rows) was constant for every Sort Break and could be known .

So I will use a regular RECAP at the END of REPORT Break (OUTERSORT) and DIVIDE my accumulated TOTAL by that NUMBER. That should do it.

I would like to thank you for your suggestions.

Have a nice day.

Report This Post