Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Get the datetime in millisecond since 1970/01/01

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Get the datetime in millisecond since 1970/01/01
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
hi,

is there any function that can give the CST datetime since 1970/01/01 to current datetime as milisecond.

I am using the following:

UTCTIME/HYYMDS   = HGETZ(8, 'HYYMDm');
STUTCTIME/HYYMDS = '19700101';
STDATEDIF/I9     = HDIFF(UTCTIME, STUTCTIME, 'DAY', 'I9');
HTIME_DATE/D12   = HTIME(8, UTCTIME, 'D12');MILLISECOND/D20c = ((((STDATEDIF * 24) * 60) * 60)* 1000) + HTIME_DATE;

the output is:
UTCTIME: 2016/07/27 05:45:43
STUTCTIME: 1970/01/01 00:00:00
STDATEDIF: 17009
HTIME_DATE: 20,743,316
MILLISECOND: 1469598343316

it is not looks like CST datetime

thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 7.67 & WebFOCUS 80 windows

Posts: 45 | Location: Kabul, Afghanistan | Registered: August 07, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, HGETC retrieves the Local Date/Time, not UTC. It appears WebFOCUS has no simple way of supplying the UTC Date/Time. The best method of determining UTC is to make a call to a database function. Here is an example for Oracle, it determines the number of milliseconds since 1970-01-01:

SET SQLENGINE = SQLORA
SQL SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION entrpt
-RUN

SQL
WITH T AS (SELECT SYS_EXTRACT_UTC(SYSTIMESTAMP) - TO_TIMESTAMP('1970-01-01 00:00:000', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SSFF3') DIFF_DT FROM DUAL)
SELECT (
    EXTRACT(DAY    FROM DIFF_DT) * 24 * 3600000 + 
    EXTRACT(HOUR   FROM DIFF_DT) * 3600000 + 
    EXTRACT(MINUTE FROM DIFF_DT) * 60000 + 
    EXTRACT(SECOND FROM DIFF_DT) * 1000 
) DIF_MS
FROM T;
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS HDIFF1
END

TABLE FILE HDIFF1
PRINT
DIF_MS/D15
END
-RUN

The number returned from the SQL call has two decimal places. Perhaps CAST might be able to remove the decimal places.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
References:

Current Date / Time in Milliseconds
FocalPoint: Converting a Date to Epoch Time and DATEDIF
FocalPoint: What is date-timestamp Format of START_STAMP and END_STAMP in the BOTLOG Table

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Francis Mariani

Hi Francis Mariani,

what is the equivalent query for MSSQL?

Thanks

Posts: 45 | Location: Kabul, Afghanistan | Registered: August 07, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Please tell us exactly what you require and what it will be used for. There's some speculation in your other post with the same subject.

CST = Central Standard Time? Are you concerned with Central Daylight Time?

Francis

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I need the dateTIME from 1970/01/01 to current date time in CST(Central Standard Time) as millisecond.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Using HGETZ to determine the milliseconds from UTC, you can add or subtract the appropriate number of milliseconds to determine CST and CDT.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRA-Sarwar:
I need the dateTIME from 1970/01/01 to current date time in CST(Central Standard Time) as millisecond.

Look at your other post with the same subject, I think the answer is there.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
UTCTIME/HYYMDS = HGETZ(8, 'HYYMDm');
STUTCTIME/HYYMDS = '19700101';
STDATEDIF/I9 = HDIFF(UTCTIME, STUTCTIME, 'DAY', 'I9');
HTIME_DATE/D12 = HTIME(8, UTCTIME, 'D12');MILLISECOND/D20c = ((((STDATEDIF * 24) * 60) * 60)* 1000) + HTIME_DATE;

it has been done by my orginal post.