Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED-NFR]Why Safari creates hyperlink with report's data when other browser don't

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED-NFR]Why Safari creates hyperlink with report's data when other browser don't
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi community,

I have a portal that can be used either from an internal company access or from mobile devices.
On this portal I have several reports and KPI. All works great up to now.

The problem is that with one of the report which is a simple tabular report (max 10 rows with a code/description (BY fields) and values (SUM fields)) the code column (which is an alphanumeric field) is sometime converted to a clickable field (hyperlink) by Safari when I use a mobile device. This doesn't occurs with other browser such as Chrome.

Not all rows have their code converted to a clickable hyperlink by Safari, only some and it's random.

Note that this "data conversion to hyperlink" may occurs anywhere on the report from the moment that Safari finds a pattern that may refer to an hyperlink.
Normally a series of numbers. And it's not always the whole displayed string. It's sometime just part of the displayed string.
As per example a description which display : "ABC123 Company" will have the 123 as a hyperlink.

I have search the web but I've found nothing regarding this and how to stop Safari to react that way.

Thanks for any help

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of Safari?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Google search on "meta format-detection" for clues what it might be.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@Doug
From the devices that I'm testing with it's iOS 13.3

@Tony
I'll have a look at this

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
meta format-detection

I found this on a Stack-Overflow post

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
@Hallway

I also have found it but my problem is that everything that I found is requesting to add a meta HTML tag

The report is a "regular" WebFOCUS tabular report not included in a HTMLFORM but just drag into a BIP as an element.

Run the following from Safari and it should display "CD" column as an hyperlink

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
CD /A10 = '4507891234';
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS
    BUDDOLLARS
BY HIGHEST 10 DOLLARS NOPRINT
BY PCD
BY CD

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET LINES 999999
ON TABLE SET BYPANEL ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='Letter',
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     LEFTMARGIN=0.0,
     RIGHTMARGIN=0.0,
     TOPMARGIN=0.0,
     BOTTOMMARGIN=0.0,
     PAGECOLOR=RGB(235 235 235),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     BORDER=OFF,
     SIZE=10,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

In Focus since 2007

Master
posted Hide Post
I don't have a crApple phone to try it on. That said, can't you just add an HTMLFORM block to it?

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
CD/A10 = '4507891234';
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS/D12
    BUDDOLLARS/D12
BY HIGHEST 10 DOLLARS NOPRINT
BY PCD
BY CD
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT HTMTABLE
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET LINES 999999
ON TABLE SET BYPANEL ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     UNITS=IN,
     PAGESIZE='Letter',
     SQUEEZE=ON,
     LEFTMARGIN=0.0,
     RIGHTMARGIN=0.0,
     TOPMARGIN=0.0,
     BOTTOMMARGIN=0.0,
     PAGECOLOR=RGB(235 235 235),
$
TYPE=REPORT,
     BORDER=OFF,
     SIZE=10,
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="ie=edge">
    <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">
    <meta name="format-detection" content="date=no">
    <meta name="format-detection" content="address=no">
    <meta name="format-detection" content="email=no">
    <title>Report</title>
</head>
<body>
    !IBI.FIL.HOLD;
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hallway

I knew that it was going to be the solution but I was hopping not to go there.

In the same time, I have open a case and I will post the answer here if another option is available.

In Focus since 2007

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Little update : a NFR has been open regarding this issue

In Focus since 2007