Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTML page output (3 fexfiles) to Single PDF/Excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTML page output (3 fexfiles) to Single PDF/Excel
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
All,
I had generated 3 reports (fex), and using HTML page option i had shown all the 3 reports in the single page, using !IBI.FIL..
Now the user wants to see this 3 reports on excel or PDF.I had seen couple of results in the forum using javascript or focus.But they are making only one report, i mean specific to fex file.Since my report output is displayed in single page as HTML, i need to export this entire page to excel or pdf(all 3 reports' output in singel excel/pdf)
It seems i need to do some work on the HTML page using script.Can any one suggest some good solution for the same.
Regards
R.Prasanna

Dev:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Servlet
Local:
Dev Studio 7.1.6,Report Caster 7.1.1,Apache 5.0.2,
Win XP

<JJI>
posted
Prasanna,

Why not using compound technique for pdf and Excel. I don't know which version of WF you have but the following example is certainly working in 7.x.

TABLE FILE CAR
  SUM SALES
  BY COUNTRY
  ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
  ON TABLE SET STYLE *
    TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='Country sales', $
END

TABLE FILE CAR
  SUM SALES
  BY CAR
  ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
  ON TABLE SET STYLE *
    TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='Car sales', $
END

TABLE FILE CAR
  SUM SALES
  BY MODEL
  ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K FORMULA CLOSE
  ON TABLE SET STYLE *
    TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='Model sales', $
END 

Now to make it work for both PDF AND EXL2K you could make the format varialble like this:

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT CLOSE 

This way the user can choose his own format.
The Example will produce an Excel with 3 sheets, each sheet containing the result of 1 report. You can also replace the TABLE FILE code by a -INCLUDE or even a EX (depending on the WF version) The EX will not work in 7.1.1 but works fine in 7.1.3 and higher.

Is this what you were looking for?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dirk

I tested your example, but it does not work here.
what happens is that I get an excel sheet with the whole html coding in it but no report.

I have tried this before and got the same problem.

Has this something to do with excel versions?

Frank

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
JJI, Frank,

No problem here. You should add NOBREAK to your PCHOLD statements for all the output to be on a single worksheet.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Danny
The requirement is once the 3 reports are displayed in the html page, user should be given option to choose for excel/pdf.When i pasted the given code in the procedure and run it, i got the error as
No Query Information to Decode in the html Web browser.Let me know what is the error and also
let me know how the following code works
"ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT CLOSE ".Where we set the &WFFMT variable?

Regards
R.Prasanna

Dev:
Local:
Win XP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does the user have to have the html output first? I've found in our environment trying to get a compound report to work was causing headaches until on the last step instead of using the PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT, I used the SET ONLINE-FMT &WFFMT which allowed proper display.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prasanna,
If the TABLE is not too heavy, I would put a drill down in the HTML which is around your IBI.FIL statements. It would rerun the procedure with output to PDF or EXCEL.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Frank, Danny,

Sorry for the late reply. The code as I posted it works perfectly well for me.
If have tested it in Dev. Studio 7.1.3 and also in MRE 7.1.3 both in Excel and PDF. This works like a charme. I need to say that I'm using Excel 2003. I've never tested this with a lower version of MS Excel.
Jan, I don't know if this works in a 5.X version of WF. Need to test that.

Danny, the NOBREAK will not make a difference. It will only put the result in one sheet for Excel and on one page for PDF.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Prasanna,

I guess, like many of your countrymen, you have been asked to code in a language for which you have had no formal training. This is unfair on you as you will have a very steep learning curve.

Ask your managers for FORMAL training, as then any response you get from this Forum will be more meaningful to you and not just a throw away response that you do not understand.

As you have seen, we try to help as much as we can BUT the responses you get here are best served with a rudimentary knowledge of the language and that will be gained as a result of structured training.

Good luck

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
All,
I had tried the approach.It is working if i give EXL97, but not working if i give EXL2K.But i am having Excel 2003 in my system.Also if i give EXL97,i am able to see only 1 report and not the 3 reports in the excel format.Any idea why its happening.Any Configuration issues?

Tony:Thanks for your comments.

Regards
R.Prasanna

Dev:
Local:
Win XP

Guru
posted Hide Post
Compound Excel only works with EXL2K, not EXL97. If you have Excel 2002 and above, you should be able to use EXL2K.

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post