Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to email one of the empty reports on multiple tasks scheduled job.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to email one of the empty reports on multiple tasks scheduled job.
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I have setup a scheduled job to send 4 separate reports to the users on a daily bases. Some days we will have all four empty reports. I like stop the job after the first task generates an empty report and send this one empty report to the users.
Will &&KILL_RPC kill the entire scheduled job or just kill the procedure? I can not find reference to this system variable.

Thanks.

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

Posts: 305 | Location: Winnipeg,MB | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
What you need to do is create a pre execution procedure and the set &KILL_RPC. If the &KILL_RPC is Y then it will kill the rest of the execution. You can use a combination of dialog manager commands link &LINES to see if there is any data to report against or kill the job.

Scott

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hua

in case you want to send all four users a report that only says something like

"sorry, nothing to report today"

You should NOT use the &KILL_RPC. This stops the RC process and only sends a message to the application manager that this process is killed.

If you want that special report I would suggest this procedure.

TABLE FILE XXXX
PRINT AA 
BB
CC
BY USERCODE
WHERE etc
ON TABLE HOLD AS BASIC
END
-IF &RECORDS EQ 0 GOTO NOTHING
-* now create the normal report based upon the holded data.
TABLE FILE BASIC
PRINT AA 
BB
CC
BY USERCODE
END
-GOTO THE_END
-NOTHING
DEFINE FILE CAR
USERCODE/A10 WITH COUNTRY=DECODE COUNTRY(ITALY USER1 etc);
END
TABLE FILE CAR
BY USERCODE NOPRINT
HEADING
"sorry, nothing to report today" 
END
-THE_END

I think this would work.....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hua?

did this work?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Frank

I am truely very appreciated for you help. Thank you for following up on my problem.
I think I understand what you suggested to do. I am using this tip in the focus point - ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ANSI to generate an empty report automatically.
There might be a misunderstand here. I am sending 4 separate xls files (by 4 separate procedures) to a list of users daily. I know if one is empty, all 4 are empty. Having all 4 procedures scheduled on the same job will always sends 4 attachments (empty or not) to the users. So I wish to send only one to the users if they are empty.
I am slowly digesting the info on pre-processing proceudure, and looks like it is controlled at task level indpendingly. I am also concern what you said on Mark's post, that not able to tell the explicit kill from other causes of failure.
I haven't make any move yet. Users are recieving 4 reports regardless. Maybe they will get use to it. Or Mark's request could be my alternative - not sending any at all when they are empty.

Hua

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

Posts: 305 | Location: Winnipeg,MB | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post