Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]FTP Error
 Login/Join

posted
I'm getting the following error when I try to FTP this file. This job currently runs via ReportCaster with no problems to an Egate server. This server is being upgraded to Ensemble, so I am using a test program to see if I can get this to work by updating the server name to an IP address and also the sign-on/password. This is a modified version of the production file using the car file. The new server has Secure FTP (FTP is not loaded) so I am being asked if we can send this as Secure FTP through WebFOCUS. Can this be done? Most of the other topics around Secure FTP seem to relate to UNIX and not Windows. Would it be as simple as modifying the DOS command and would this really be secure? We have the option of FTPing this file to our FTP server and then Ensemble picking the file up from there, but wanted to try this first if it could work so as to eliminate extra work on both sides.

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 10 LINES= 10
ftp> open 01.27.98.25
> ftp: connect :Connection refused
ftp> signon
Invalid command.
ftp> p@ssword
Invalid command.
ftp> put \\servdon\d$\IBI\APPS\HELDFILES\RYANCART.TXT VH_RYANCART_20160908.TXT
Not connected.
ftp> close
Not connected.
ftp> bye

Code is below:

SET EMPTYREPORT=ON
-SET &THISDAY = &YYMD;

-SET &TXTFILE = 'VH_RYANCART_'||&THISDAY ||'.TXT';
-SET &SAVEFILE = 'RYANCART.TXT';
-SET &ASFILE = &SAVEFILE |' '| &TXTFILE;
-SET &FTPFILE = 'RYANCART.FTP';
-SET &FTPPATH = '\\servdon\d$\IBI\APPS\HELDFILES\';
-SET &PUTSTMT = 'put '|&FTPPATH||&ASFILE;
-SET &FDFTPCMD = 'DISK '|&FTPPATH||&FTPFILE;
-SET &EXFTP = '-s:'||&FTPPATH||&FTPFILE;

-******Store the resultant file as a text file in the HELDFILES shared folder
-SET &RPTFILE = RYANCART.TXT;
-SET &LOCATION = '\\servdon\d$\IBI\APPS\HELDFILES\';
FILEDEF RYANWCAR DISK &LOCATION&RPTFILE

JOIN CLEAR *
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS RYANWCAR
END

FILEDEF FTPCMDS &FDFTPCMD
-RUN
-WRITE FTPCMDS open 01.27.98.25
-WRITE FTPCMDS signon
-WRITE FTPCMDS p@ssword
-WRITE FTPCMDS &PUTSTMT
-WRITE FTPCMDS close
-WRITE FTPCMDS bye
-RUN
-**************************************************************************************************
-**** EXECUTE FTP
DOS ftp &EXFTP
-RUN

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WF 8009
Windows 7 Enterprise
IE 9.0
Output: All

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can do command line SFTP, but you are going to have to find a SFTP client that allows it. You are still going to have to set your keys up etc. I did this for a client 5 years ago, but I cannot recall what windows SFTP client I was using. For that customer, the server was set up for key exchange plus credentials. If you only need key exchange, then any SSH client will do.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Usually when I need UNIX tools like sftp on DOS systems, I grab MSYS + MingW. See: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/msys

I noticed they split off the previously pre-packaged utilities (I think ssh/sftp were among them) and now require you to separately download those with mingw-get. I hope that it can handle MS corporate network proxies that use NTLM/Kerberos for authentication...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. We ended up sending the file to our FTP server. This ended up being the quickest and easiest solution.

WF 8009
Windows 7 Enterprise
IE 9.0
Output: All