Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebFOCUS MRE 4.3.6 server error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFOCUS MRE 4.3.6 server error
 Login/Join

<RBC007>
posted
WebFOCUS MRE 4.3.6 server error

the report works with WebFOCUS desktop and after generated on the MRE server. pre Adobe *.pdf view and error occurs;

"The file is damaged and cound not be repaired" [OK]

any suggestions would be great.

Andre

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you go into The IBI Technical Site and go to the Advanced Search and type in that exact phrase, there are several instances of that error. You may be able to find something that fits your circumstances.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I get that message a lot when I forget to set emptyreport to on. PDF doesn't like an empty report.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<RBC007>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Leah:
[qb] I get that message a lot when I forget to set emptyreport to on. PDF doesn't like an empty report.

Leah [/qb]
How is this set and where in the report? Thanks for your reply

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can set emptyreport two ways.

At the top of the fex

SET EMPTYREPORT = ON

Or in the table request

ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON

Note the syntax is a little different. There is no equal sign in the within table request.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
<RBC007>
posted
The report should not by empty, however within the report I entered "set empty report on" on the first line and ran the report again to get the error.

I also read another line at the URL below: https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/
5351038331/r/5351038331#5351038331

I still having the issue when trying to generate a report in PDF format and it is giving me this error.

FILE IS DAMAGED, COULD NOT BE REPAIRED

When I run the report in HTML or EXCEL, the report is working fine, but when I run the report in PDF format it is giving me the error. I am not sure if this is related to WebFocus or if it is related to PDF?
I tried limiting the total number of records range (where recordlimit eq '8000') and it works in PDF format whereas if I remove the recordlimit and try to run the report in PDF, it does not show the report.

My adobe is working fine. I was able to run other PDF reports and I also checked the other pdf documents outside of WebFOCUS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you may need to open a case with IBI.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
In 4.3.6 check the following as they are known to cause problems with certain versions of Acrobat

NOSPLIT on BY fields
WRAP in Styling

SET PRINTPLUS=ON Required setting if using NOSPLIT

Also Font sizes greater that 18 point are known to cause problems

Long output lines are also a possible cause

Report This Post
<RBC007>
posted
Thanks all for your help ... your comments forced me on to the newer version 5.3

Report This Post