Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] A table with more than 1 Million items???.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] A table with more than 1 Million items???.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,all:
when loading a table with more than 1 million items will get erro from the browser ..
It is seems that the webfoucs display the table when the all data loaded .
Why not load the data only 1 page or 5 page ?
And load the another data only if turn the page ?
Waiting for your reply!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
You can set WEEBWIEVER=ON. I think WF will still read all rows, but write it to a file and read from that file, one page at a time.

Håkan

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh well, the browser has no notion of pages ...
and it is WEBviewer (one E in WEB) ...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Gerard, you're right, the browser has no concept of pages, but the way I've understood it, as soon as WF has received the no of rows which will fit the viewer which is determined by the actual resolution, those rows are sent to the browser. And, I know its WEBVIEWER (I obviously let my fingers slip a bit).

Håkan

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Håkan:
You can set WEEBWIEVER=ON. I think WF will still read all rows, but write it to a file and read from that file, one page at a time.

Håkan

Thanks,but could you tell me how to set the WEBVIEVER=ON ?.

By the way ,even if set the WEBVIEVER=ON , as you say ,it will still read all rows and write it to a file.
But I think the step is the browser write the data to file only when it load all the data.
so the browser's Memory will overflow before write the data to file.??

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm always curious when I see procedures to display a million rows; once displayed, what will be done with them?

jimster06
DevStu WF 7.6.11
W7
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 252 | Location: USA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
how to set the WEBVIEVER=ON

You've got to be kidding, right?

Also with webviewer on all records are read fromt he data source, stored in a temp files omethere on the server's disk, and referenced whenever a new page is requested. The file will not be kept indefinitely, there's probably some timeout setting to control that.
Therwe's also a setting that controls how many lines are to be displayed in the webviewer at one time. And you can also specify the target - ie which window the webviewer is to be displayed in.
There's enough documentation to be found on this tool - just look for it in the right place(s).

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I go with jimsters answer, not solvng your problem of the million rows
It is not a real option.

Try to create INFORMATION instead of dataload.
the next step might be that you print it!!
1000000/60=16000 pages of data
that is a tree!!!

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post