Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Expandable Parent/Child Hierarchy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Expandable Parent/Child Hierarchy
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
I have looked up accordian and tree strcuture , but could not find a solution to my problem.
I have a parent child hierarchy defined in a synonym and a simple FML report on it. The report displays hierarchy with indents but I would like a have a + sign on the FOR field that I can expand the children. I have tried ON TABLE SET EXPANDABLE ON, but doesn't work.
Here is the report and output,

TABLE FILE ENTITY_HIER
SUM
AGENTNUMBER
NAME
FOR
CHILDID
'&ENTITY' WITH CHILDREN ALL WHEN EXISTS AS CAPTION LABEL NAME
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET BLANKINDENT ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

REPORT OUTPUT ( I put dots to preserve spaces)

UNITED SOLUTIONS ALLIANCE..............US001...IMO
....IGANTE,CHARLES W...........................US002...Principal
.......DUNN,GERALD L..............................US014...Agency
...........MENDENALL,ROBERT A................US015...Agent

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 183 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
getit,
you should get the required output from the following code, i am able to output the tree structure...using "on table set expandable on"
Try using this code....you will getit.....

TABLE FILE EMPDATA
SUM
     SALARY
BY DEPT
PRINT
     SALARY
HEADING
"Accordion Report"
-*ON TABLE SUBFOOT
-*"<callJS "
-*" "
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET EXPANDABLE ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT AHTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET AUTODRILL ALL

let us know if any issues....still there...

regards,
anmol......

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I know this code works.. but my issue is, I need expandable on a FOR field. Ex: FOR CHILDID which is a hierarchy field in FML.

App Studio Version 8202
windows Platform
SQL Server 2008/2012

Posts: 183 | Location: TX | Registered: January 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Why not make the FOR field a drill down field?

Kathy Phillips
Web FOCUS 8.2.05.14, 8.1.05, 8.08, 8.0.7, 8.0.5,8.0.2m, 7.6.10,7.7.03
Windows

Posts: 118 | Location: Livonia, MI | Registered: March 27, 2009Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
getit, are you talking about the FOR field panel not being able to expand when you designing your FML? I have the similar problem if I am not mistaken.

Hua

I realized my problem is different than what is posted here. And found the cause of my problem - when I turn off the qualified names, the tree structure showed up in the FOR field panel. Sorry for the disruption.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hua,

Developer Studio 7.6.11
AS400 - V5R4
HTML,PDF,XLS

Posts: 305 | Location: Winnipeg,MB | Registered: May 12, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When I did this back in 2004, I could not show the actual plus/minus sign, but instead did a drill down report on the value they wanted to see the children for, so it was another heirarchy report. The report showed the level of children you wanted to show for the value you clicked on. They could go back and forth. They would click on the back button to go back to the first report and select a different value to expand (which actually would be the same drill down, just a different value). Also, the first report only showed the highest level. Hope this helps.

Kathy

Kathy Phillips
Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
report sample

FOR FIELD
---------
Bank One ........
Bank Two ........
Bank Three

Each of the above banks are a for field and they are a field that you can click on and drill down. Say you click on Bank Two, the next report would show

Bank Two
Office one
Value center....
Office two
value center 1
value center 2
etc.

Then you could click on the back button and it owuld take you back to the first report. The second report would only be for the value clicked on. IBI doesn't support hierarchy within a hierarchy that I know of. Would be nice though.
Regards,
Kathy

Kathy Phillips
Windows