Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How can we edit a maintain file

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How can we edit a maintain file
 Login/Join

posted
How can we edit a maintain file (I haven't worked much with Maintain). We don't have Developer Studio.
Please tell how to compile mnt files with out Developer Studio, for compile is it nessary the .WFM , if not having .WFM how to genarate.
Any help appreciated!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.6.1.1,windows 2008 server
html,exl2k,pdf

Master
posted Hide Post
If the Maintain (MNT) file contains Winforms then you MUST have the Maintain Development Enviornment (MDE) to edit it. When a Maintain application is deployed, the WInforms get removed from the MNT file and placed into a Winforms file. Once that is done, even if you have the MDE then you cannot edit the file. You must have the original MNT file that contains the XML code after the END statement.

I do not understand how you can have a Maintain application and not Dev Studio. But if this is the case, there is not much you can do to change the application.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Rajani, you can compile a maintain app from the server with the command MNTCON COMPILE app/mntname.

If your maintain app has no winforms, you can still compile it with the same call.

Mark is correct though, you must have the MDE to edit the maintain app, if yoiu have any winforms.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
quote:
We don't have Developer Studio

Then how come you have a maintain procedure?

If you have WebFOCUS then you have at least 1 copy of DevStudio available it's
part of the package.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have WebFOCUS then you have at least 1 copy of DevStudio available it's
part of the package
This one I'm not sure about...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Francis, could well be correct, it depends where you are.

Domestic (US & Canada) pricing does not include a copy of DevStudio.
International does.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
There's always the applet version available from the server/console (ick).

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Now that we're well off the subject - Interesting comment because back when we ordered the media for WF (pre-download days), we always received a WF Dev Studio disk and license key as part of the package. I'm sure that (at least at some point) you got one DS license with the server purchase.

Back to the subject, if:

You don't have Dev Studio
You haven't worked much with Maintain
You don't know the contents of the app
You don't know how they are compiled

I don't think I would be touching the app.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
you got one DS license with the server purchase

Actually, it is (was) with the purchase of the WebFOCUS client software, not the server.
Otherwise I do agree - do not touch maintain source files if you are not sure of what you're doing.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Now that you mention it, I remember the license did come with the WF Client software bundle.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post