Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [DISCUSSION]Data Integrity/ETL Process Best Practices

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[DISCUSSION]Data Integrity/ETL Process Best Practices
 Login/Join

posted
We are new users who have extensive Data warehousing already established which we are using as the source for our WebFocus synonyms. We have had a few instances of job failures in the night and have inadvertently sent out reports with missing data and have had Hyperstage builds that have completed without returning any data.

I did some research and have considered querying our SQL Agent Job Statuses and then creating pre-processing fexes that can kill the reportcaster and Hyperstage builds but wanted to see if anyone else has implmentted any other ways of handling data.

I am looking for best practices on how other organizations are handling this process.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

8.015M
Windows 10
Everything

Master
posted Hide Post
The way I used to handle this in the past is I would set up a schedule to run a report. I would set the first time that I wanted it to run and have be a non re-occurring schedule. Then I would have an ETL job that was set at the end of the ETL run that would update the next run time. Say set it to 5 minutes ahead of the current time. Reportcaster would then recognize this as a jump that needs to be executed and execute the job. Here is an old link from when I was working out how to do this ( http://forums.informationbuild...=355105693#355105693 ). In that example I needed to burst a report, so I would cycle through the values, and then set the necessary paramaters.

I think the table that you are going to want to update is the botsched table. This is the FOCUS code I used back then. The tables might have changed slightly since then. But I doubt enough to cause any issues

DEFINE FILE BOTSCHED
NOWDATETIME_A/HYYMDS=HGETC(8, 'HYYMDS');
NOWDATETIME/HYYMDS=HADD(NOWDATETIME_A, 'minute', -3, 8, 'HYYMDS');
NOWDATE/YYMD=&YYMD;
STARTDATE/YYMD=19700101;
DAYSDIFF/D8=DATEDIF(STARTDATE, NOWDATE, 'D');
MSDIFF/D32=DAYSDIFF*24*60*60*1000;
ADDOFFSET/D12=4*60*60*1000;
NOWMILLISEC/D12 = HTIME(8, NOWDATETIME, 'D12.2');
NEEDTOADD/D13=NOWMILLISEC+ADDOFFSET+MSDIFF;
-*NEXTRUNTIME_NEW/A17=FTOA(NEEDTOADD, '(D13c)', 'A17');
NEXTRUNTIME_T/A13 =  FTOA(NEEDTOADD, '(D13c)', 'A13');
NEXTRUNTIME_NEW/A32 = '0000000000000000000' | NEXTRUNTIME_T;
END

SET ASNAMES = ON
TABLE FILE BOTSCHED
PRINT SCHEDULEID NEXTRUNTIME_NEW AS NEXTRUNTIME
WHERE SCHEDULEID = 'S14i1ies4f05'; 
ON TABLE HOLD AS SCHDHOLD
END
-RUN

MODIFY FILE BOTSCHED

FIXFORM FROM SCHDHOLD

MATCH SCHEDULEID
    ON MATCH UPDATE NEXTRUNTIME
    ON NOMATCH REJECT
    DATA ON SCHDHOLD
    END 
-RUN 

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post