Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] TED Configuration

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] TED Configuration
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to display more than 18 lines while in the TED Text editor? - Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS 76 and TED?
I thought that TED was only available with FOCUS, not WebFOCUS.
But as far as I know, there is no way to force TED to show more than the 18 lines of text, 72 characters wide (or 80 in type mode).
You can type HELP (twice) from within TED to show the help file, I always found it to be a quite complete help.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, GamP, for the response. The version I'm using is VMS FOCUS, not Web Focus. It's been 15 years since I've used FOCUS, but I thought there was a way to display more lines in TED. I can't find any solution in HELP.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Good ole TED...

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
It does bring back memories.

And one of those memories has th screen at 20 something lines. But that was MVS.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the documentation.

Have a look here.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Ah VAX/VMS...
I googled VAX VMS editor and found some good references. There is a full-screen editor available and there are some free editors such as VI.
Curiously, I tossed my VI Editor manual earlier this week.
Thanks for stirring the memory.

jimster06
DevStu WF 7.6.11
W7
HTML, PDF, EXL2K

Posts: 252 | Location: USA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Bring back the good old days....

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I do seem to remember from the old times (someone is showing his age here) when I still had something to do with VMS, that if you set your terminal to 132 characters, TED would automatically recognize it and also go to the 132 character mode. But more than 18 lines ... truly can't remember if that was possible.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post