Focal Point
Footing in Resource Layout

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/4781038331

March 03, 2005, 07:06 PM
Prarie
Footing in Resource Layout
I'm an old time Focus Programmer and do most of my coding in the Editor. So I have this report all nice and coded with this big footing at the bottom with Text and Fields and Spot Markers and everything is so nice. So I import it into Resource Layout...cause I'm going to add Graphs to the bottom and now all my footing is
pushed to one side....tried editing the footing thru the tool...but I just must be doing something wrong...cause no matter what I do...the footing does not change. Only thing that will happen if I go up in the WHERE/IF alignment part...I can get it to go right or left or center...but nothing with each field or the text. Anyone with Great words of Wisdom?
I'm on 5.3.2 version...which is my first week working on...been working on 5.2.3

Prarie
March 23, 2005, 02:06 AM
BCarter
I am assuming you coded this footing report by hand? When you import any report into the Resource Layout, the only way to edit it is to double click and open it in the Report Painter. What happens when you open this report in the Report Painter? I have a feeling this issue is due to the fact that the Report Painter is not respecting parts of your hand coded report. True? Another thought is that the Report Painter is not a true WYSIWYG painter and does not show the actual run time layout in the "design" view, but when you run it the layout is respected. I know that makes it tough to edit in the GUI and we're working on that. Is that the issue? Hope this helps...

Brian
WebFOCUS Product Management
March 23, 2005, 05:07 PM
Prarie
YUP...that's the issue