Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Format unknown line# in Heading based on certain text on that row (Excel)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Format unknown line# in Heading based on certain text on that row (Excel)
 Login/Join

posted
I have a job that uses &variables to come up with the line #, where the text (Total Billed: and a field ($100,000) such as

Total Billed: $100,000

"should" be located, so that I can bold that line#. But it's a little complex, since the line # can change on many different scenarios (other lines with data may or may not appear above it). I would rather have a simpler method if possible. Is there a way to (DefMacro, etc) bold/format the Total Billed line based on "when a line in the heading contains "Total Billed Amount:", then bold that line that it's on?

The Total Billed Amount: line is always the last line in the Heading, so alternatively, so if there was a way to identify a line in reverse ("LINE=-1" etc), that would work also.

For example, how to bold the line that "Final Total Amount:" is on, without going through a complex computation of where it "should" be :

-SET &COMMENTOUT1 = '-*';
-SET &COMMENTOUT2 = ' ';
-SET &COMMENTOUT3 = '-*';
-SET &FIELD_A = 'FIELDA';
-SET &FIELD_B = 'FIELDB';
-SET &FIELD_C = 'FIELDC';
-SET &AMT_FIELD_D = '10000.00';
-SET &AMT_FIELD_E = '20000.00';
-SET &AMT_FIELD_F = '30000.00';
-SET &TOTAL_AMT_FIELD = '50000.00';

TABLE FILE CAR

HEADING
" "
"<+0> <+0> Car Report<+0>"
" "
" "
"&FIELD_A<+0>"
"&FIELD_B<+0>"
"&FIELD_C<+0>"
" "
" "
&COMMENTOUT1"<+0>Total Amount 1: <+0>&AMT_FIELD_D<+0> "
&COMMENTOUT2"<+0>Total Amount 2: <+0>&AMT_FIELD_E<+0>"
&COMMENTOUT3"<+0>Total Amount 3: <+0>&AMT_FIELD_F<+0>"
" "
" "
"<+0>Final Total Amount:<+0>&TOTAL_AMT_FIELD<+0>"
" "
" "
" "

PRINT

CAR
MODEL SEATS

BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
-EXIT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Rodney and welcome to Focal Point.

I would use Boolean logic to determine the line number depending upon the values of the line commenting variables -

-SET &COMMENTOUT2 = ' ';

-SET &LineNum = 15 - ((&COMMENTOUT1.QUOTEDSTRING EQ '-*') + (&COMMENTOUT2.QUOTEDSTRING EQ '-*') + (&COMMENTOUT3.QUOTEDSTRING EQ '-*'))

TABLE FILE CAR

HEADING
" "
" "
" "
"&FIELD_A<+0>"
"&FIELD_B<+0>"
"&FIELD_C<+0>"
" "
" "
" "
" "
"<+0>Final Total Amount: <+0>&TOTAL_AMT_FIELD<+0>"
" " 
" " 
" "

PRINT 

CAR
 MODEL SEATS

BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET PAGE TOP
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  type=heading, line=&LineNum, item=1, style=+bold, $
ENDSTYLE
END
-EXIT

Be aware the EXL2K will eventually become a dinosaur as Micro$oft are planning to drop support of Excel 2003 (allegedly!) - you should think about using EXL07 instead.

Also be aware that this embolding of the line and item will affect the entire cell contents, unless you use something like HEADALIGN=BODY etc.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. I'm actually using that type of Boolean logic in the job, but it's conditional heavy, and a little more complex than I would like, and I always worry about a certain situation to come along in the data that would throw it off. I have multiple "comment out" &variables placed on each line for various lines in the Heading (not the best way, I know), which is why I was looking to use a simpler or alternative method.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
So you would like it to be completely dynamic. How about objections to running the same request twice? If it is a lot of data that you have to go through it would be rather resource consuming, and in that case maybe not a good idea to run the request twice. But if the answer set or data set are not too big you might consider this:
-* File FocalPoint.fex

EX -LINES 3 EDAPUT MASTER,WPFILE,CV,FILE
FILENAME=WPFILE, SUFFIX=FIX, $
FIELDNAME=LINE, ACTUAL=A600, USAGE=A600, $

FILEDEF WPFILE DISK XYZZY.WP
-SET &LOOPCOUNT = 1;
-SET &LineNum = 0;

-:LOOP

-SET &COMMENTOUT2 = '  ';
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
" &LineNum "
" "
" "
"&FIELD_A<+0>"
"&FIELD_B<+0>"
"&FIELD_C<+0>"
" "
" "
" "
" "
"<+0>Final Total Amount:<+0>&TOTAL_AMT_FIELD<+0>"
" "
" "
" "
PRINT CAR
      MODEL SEATS
BY    COUNTRY
-IF &LOOPCOUNT NE 1 THEN GOTO :FINAL;
ON    TABLE HOLD AS XYZZY FORMAT WP
END

TABLE FILE WPFILE
PRINT COMPUTE LINENUM/I5 = LINENUM+1;
WHERE TOTAL LINE CONTAINS 'Final Total Amount';
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
-READ HOLD &LineNum.5.
-SET &LineNum = &LineNum-2;
-SET &LOOPCOUNT = 2;
-GOTO :LOOP
-:FINAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
  type=heading, line=&LineNum, item=1, style=+bold, $
ENDSTYLE
END

-EXIT

Hope this helps a bit...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
GamP, this look like a possibility. I'll take a look.

Thanks.

Expert
posted Hide Post
You could also set up multiple stylesheet lines for the Total Amount line, and utilize the existing &COMMENTOUTn variables to comment out the inappropriate stylesheet lines...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post