Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]conditional styling in the subfoot - tabfooting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]conditional styling in the subfoot - tabfooting
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have tabfooting standard throughout my report for various subfoots however i would like to have one subfoot that is subfooting on IN_DEPARTMENT that i would like to have normal and not tabfooted

I know you can accomplish this with a WHEN statement in the styling section however i dont know what that statement would look like as well as i don't know what the default subfooting values are

Thank you for your help!

WHEN SUBFOOT = IN_DEPARTMENT, does not work

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charles Richards,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
I don't understand what you mean by "I have tabfooting standard throughout my report for various subfootss however i would like to have one subfoot that... i would like to have normal and not tabfooted". The documentation states:

• TABHEADING which is a report heading. This appears once at the beginning of the report and is generated by ON TABLE SUBHEAD.
  • TABFOOTING which is a report footing. This appears once at the end of the report and is generated by ON TABLE SUBFOOT.
  • HEADING which is a page heading. This appears at the top of every report page and is generated by HEADING.
  • FOOTING which is a page footing. This appears at the bottom of every report page and is generated by FOOTING.
  • SUBHEAD which is a sort heading. This appears at the beginning of a vertical (BY) sort group (generated by ON sortfield SUBHEAD).
  • SUBFOOT which is a sort footing. This appears at the end of a vertical (BY) sort group (generated by ON sortfield SUBFOOT).

You only have one report footing - this is achieved by coding ON TABLE SUBFOOT, which is styled with the TABFOOTING attribute.

To style one of the SUBFOOTs different from the others, first set up the styling for all SUBFOOTs, then set up the styling for the particular SUBFOOT - something like this:

TYPE=SUBFOOT, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=NAVY, $
TYPE=SUBFOOT, BY=IN_DEPARTMENT, STYLE=NORMAL, COLOR=BLUE, $

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry What I meant to say is that I have my subfoot set up so that it lines up with a column and skips a column when I use the code <+0>, I think it has to do with this line in the styling,
TYPE=TABFOOTING,
JUSTIFY=RIGHT,
HEADALIGN=BODY,

I would like to have it stop lining up with the columns in the subfoot for IN_DEPARTMENT and just for the first column! i would like to then line up values under columns after that

essentually there is a row title in the far left column and i want it to print out on one line and not have the text wrap into 2 or three lines

how would you change it only for that subfoot while keeping it for the subfoot for IN_COMCLASS

Currently, Its wraping the text to the next line to stay within the column and I would like it to just continue across the page

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the reply!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
HEADALIGN=BODY is what lines up elements in the SUBFOOT to the report columns. <+0> is what skips columns. TABFOOTING is NOT what styles the SUBFOOT - the SUBFOOT styling tag does that.

Here is an example report:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST

BY COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK
BY CAR
BY BODYTYPE
BY RPM

ON COUNTRY SUBFOOT
"COUNTRY SUBFOOT <+0> <COUNTRY"

ON CAR SUBFOOT
"CAR SUBFOOT <CAR"

ON BODYTYPE SUBFOOT
"BODYTYPE SUBFOOT <+0> <BODYTYPE"

HEADING
"THIS IS A REPORT HEADING FOR EACH PAGE"

FOOTING
"THIS IS A REPORT FOOTING FOR EACH PAGE"

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"THIS IS A ONE-TIME REPORT HEADING"

ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"THIS IS A ONE-TIME REPORT FOOTING"

ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, BORDER=1, BORDER-COLOR=SILVER, $

TYPE=TABHEADING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=BLUE, $
TYPE=TABFOOTING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=RED, $
TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=GREEN, $
TYPE=FOOTING, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=ORANGE, $

TYPE=SUBFOOT, HEADALIGN=BODY, STYLE=BOLD, COLOR=PURPLE, $
TYPE=SUBFOOT, BY=CAR, HEADALIGN=NONE, $

TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD, $
ENDSTYLE
END

SUBFOOTs are specified for three columns - COUNTRY, CAR and BODYTYPE. HEADALIGN is set to BODY for all SUBFOOT statements, but is overridden specifically for column CAR.

Try running this code on your server to view the result.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
SO whould this work if i wanted the first column not headaligned to the body but then the rest of the subfoot would be

Ex.

first_column
1stcol______2ndcol________3rdCol_____4thcol_____5thcol

subfoot

NO cost items for store 1_____data______data_____data
_____________________<+0>____<+0>
NO cost items for store 2_____data______data_____data

I would like the first column to take up as much space as it needs then use <+0> to still line up the data

I hope this makes sense

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you post your code because I'm having a hard time understanding your questions?

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From what I can make of this, I think Charles wants to force the first text object in his SUBFOOT into spanning more than one column. Charles, take a look at the COLSPAN keyword in the Style Sheet.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Dan you are correct. I didn't know what to call it. I will look into the term COLSPAN, Could anyone give me an example?

UPDATE, idk if COLSPAN is what i am looking for when i tried adding it to my code and was unsure what it did, seemd like to made the column twice as wide when i set it to 2 but i need it to be single wide to line up the data with the other columns after the first row

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You will need to clearly identify the SUBFOOT line number and item number of the object you wish to COLSPAN - something like this:

TYPE=SUBFOOT, HEADALIGN=BODY, $
TYPE=SUBFOOT, LINE=1, OBJECT=TEXT, ITEM=1, COLSPAN=2, $

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help!

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs