Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     fix tablehead in long tables

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
fix tablehead in long tables
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
i wonder if it is possible, but...

in excel you can fix the headers (columns you define...) and just the body of the table is scrollable..
it would be nice if i can do it the same way with html-forms in webfocus tables... maybe there is a option which someone knows?

if there is no chance with webfocus i'll try working with frames, but an webfocus solution would be interessting....

thank you for helping me Wink

greetz from snowy austria/europe
ernst

Posts: 30 | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i'm interested in this same thing.
i've just read that in html there are <thead> and <tbody> tags that are supposed to make it possible to do exactly what you want.
THE guy at ibi (if you've been to Summit, you'll know) is ARt Greenhaus. He can probably figure out how to do this.

Or..you could set that report viewer option to ON
SET WEBVIEWER=ON
and that gives you page by page output with the header;thing is..its look is sort of institutional , but it might work for you.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
hi susannah,
your posting made my brain work Wink

...and here is what i found:
i created a holdfile called HOLDSOMETHING
of the table in my FEX and in the htm-file i put the following code

[code]......

NameCitySales1Sales2

!IBI.FIL.HOLDSOMETHING;

......the above TABLE is used as HEADER
and between the DIV-tags there goes the DATA from the table
of course you have to play with the widths and heights and second: don�t forget to blank out the title in the fex
[code]...
SUM
NAME AS ''
CITY AS ''
SALES1 AS ''
SALES2 AS ''
......for me it works ;-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 30 | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
wow! thanks; i didn't know about the style attr of overflow etc. thanks . i'll give it a try.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<bhoons>
posted
Hi,
I tried too its working fine.But i have to apply a style for the column heading. how it is possible.

Thanks.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is a very old post, but I'm trying to do exactly this. i want the headers to be locked so when someone scrolls the report the headers will stay with it. This thread may have been some help, but unless I'm missing something it looks like the key post from Ernst is missing some code that use to be there. any ideas?

------------------------------------
WebFOCUS Version 7.6.2

Posts: 17 | Registered: September 08, 2008Report This Post
<JG>
posted
The functionality is in 766 up its a stylesheet setting called HFREEZE

Report This Post